Achievement Sustainably Sustaining not working & Graphs stop at cycle 256

AsmoJay
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Fixed

Hit cycle 400 with only using the hamster wheels for power, as of yet I still have not gotten the achievement for generating 240,000kJ of power, though there is no way to see how much I have produced so far that I can find.

The Reports/Graphs stop at cycle 256.  Looking back over the daily reports, I am averaging 1,000+kJ of power, though the first 100 maybe not that much.

I will keep running with manual generators and the small solar arrays I have and see if it changes, but I am pretty sure this should have already ticked off.

Another not about achievements, I will get the popup that I have completed a new one, but I have to save and reload to see it checked off, most times.

Edit: update: I have attached two saves, the original one and my test world to try to speed through the generation of power manually and hydrogen.

I noticed on the forums that someone else said that they did not achieve this until much higher cycles, which got me to thinking that perhaps there is a misunderstanding of the achievement, and the difference between kj and kJ, though it is not easy to tell the difference with the font, maybe?  Reaching here, but also curious.  In the game it starts to report as mJ, so perhaps a typo for the achievement?

The Hopeful Fortress.sav

The Messy Spaceprison.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Manual generators and many batteries, does not seem to update the achievement, or perhaps the tip is wrong, and this has to be done before cycle #X?
  • Like 2

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I have the same problem here, my base was just powered using manual and hydrogen generators:

hot suits.sav

Just something that came into my mind, not sure of it´s the answer:

"Generate 240.000kj without using coal, ...."

I hope the achievement is referring to just the generators, because I used coal to make ceramic and natural gas to cook in the oven.

Edited by Lilalaunekuh

Share this comment

6 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Hi @AsmoJay, could you post your save file for this colony so we can investigate? Thanks!

@Ipsquiggle,

I added the save files via the edit of the OP.

The patch today added new achievements?  When I started tonight I got the notice that I had achievement, clicked the notice, and I got 3 sounds but one update, which did highlight and show as done. Think it was "To Pay The Bills".

Let me know if you need anything else.  I am beginning to suspect that it is a typo or confusion from kj / kJ / mj / mJ as they are in the game.  Here are a few pics showing what I mean, and I am sure there are other places I did not check.  The circuit I listed shows 3.0 MJ(j) stored, though I am not sure if that is a special "J" being used for joules, and how that relates to the achievement listing "kJ"

Let me if you need anything else and I will keep playing the test as I can.

image.png.d264dbe7dfbb048eb784d355567782ec.png

image.png.6099a2187c5712c0f06d893b63a90803.png

image.png.39ad768b945987b518233cd28861de16.png 

Share this comment

I read the decompiled code and I think the issue is that ColonyAchievementTracker updates achievements every 12 time units (not sure what the unit is), which then runs ProduceXEngeryWithoutUsingYList.Update(), which only counts the current generator.JoulesAvailable of all the generators. I think this means that only some of the energy actually produced is counted by the tracker, and so in effect we have to produce some multiple of 240,000kJ.

• Like 2

Share this comment

On 7/28/2019 at 5:11 AM, hyperionsshrike said:

I read the decompiled code and I think the issue is that ColonyAchievementTracker updates achievements every 12 time units (not sure what the unit is), which then runs ProduceXEngeryWithoutUsingYList.Update(), which only counts the current generator.JoulesAvailable of all the generators. I think this means that only some of the energy actually produced is counted by the tracker, and so in effect we have to produce some multiple of 240,000kJ.

I believe time units are 5 per second (provided nothing is lagging behind), so that should equate to 2.4 seconds, and thus 576MJ instead of 240MJ. This means the colony of OP would probably get the achievement within another 200 cycles.

Share this comment

13 hours ago, Nebbie said:

I believe time units are 5 per second (provided nothing is lagging behind), so that should equate to 2.4 seconds, and thus 576MJ instead of 240MJ. This means the colony of OP would probably get the achievement within another 200 cycles.

If the time unit is 5 per second, then that would mean a factor of 12 (so 240 x 12MJ), since the code only counts the power generated during the current 200ms time slice. So it's gonna be a long long time till OP will get the achievement. 

Share this comment