960w circuits on power transformers

Townkill
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Steam Fixed

960w circuits on power transformers don't function properly. I have 8 fertilizer makers per circuit.  The draw listed on the circuit feeding the transformer is listed as 1.3kw, and the fertilizer maker circuit is occasionally taking overload damage.  I have 8 circuits set up like this and only the last 2 seem to take damage. all 8 list the 1.3kw draw though

20170903223738_1.thumb.jpg.3c74ff90d3e0f91882ce946aa8cbf7d4.jpg

20170903223755_1.thumb.jpg.39841fd9938abf01e452c7dc9b9b0c80.jpg

The Ultra Laboratory.sav

Steps to Reproduce
build a 960w circuit on a power transformer

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Does this happen when you play on single speed? I know that playing on triple speed with that many dupes can cause things to go amiss when the numbers are tighter?

Share this comment

i never usually play on single speed, it takes too long to do anything. the circuits only recently started taking damage though, they were fine for 600+ cycles.So  it's almost certainly related to lag in some fashion.  Tested it on single speed and it actually results in a different problem. the power transformers go from constantly drawing 1.1-1.8kw to flipping between  some value  and 0 every tick. Overall the power system functions much more smoothly in single speed though.  Regardless, the system should be consistent across all speeds and the power transformers draw should also be consistent with devices on those circuits which it isn't.

Share this comment

i'm having the same problem, only started in the past few days, it's not just my 960 watt circuits though, all my transformers are sometimes drawing way too much power.  Similar but not quite the same as the last transformer overdraw bug that was fixed a few months ago, that one would have all the transformers display the same number, this one each transformer still displays a different number of wattage on the generator power overview, but the net effect is about the same, the net power usage across all transformers just about doubles which is a serious problem for continuing the playthrough.

edit: saving and reloading didn't fix the problem, but going to slow mode than back to fast has temporarily fixed the similar issues I was having, which is interesting.

Edited by trukogre

Share this comment