Unreachable ? [DB: 210794]

Shade84
  • Pending

I have encountered a few weird 'unreachable' cases. I could reach that tile only after building some ladders around:

OxygenNotIncluded 2017-03-23 15-31-23-06.jpg

OxygenNotIncluded 2017-03-23 15-34-14-56.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
Try to build something similar to this (pictures included).

User Feedback

Another example. This 'unreachable' tile became 'reachable' only when a dupe went underwater to perform another task (which was deconstruct and reconstruct two bottom ladder tiles. After he did that, he went left to dig some of that underwater dirt, until he ran out of oxygen and went upstairs to breathe. As he went away from the digging, those tiles became unreachable again, and dupes don't go back to dig more).

OxygenNotIncluded 2017-03-23 16-35-02-82.jpg

Edited by Shade84

Share this comment

If they calculate 10 or whatever tiles from their current position that explains what OP is saying.

In the comment example picture OP is saying that you can force them to access the dig job which looks about 15 tiles deep by first giving them a job 5 tiles deep.

By giving them the deconstruction job at the bottom of the ladder the dig job will be 10 tiles away from their current position. So you can force them to go deeper by putting a proxy task within a reachable distance. I've noticed and abused this.

It should probably be calculated using the distance required to return safely from a task and not from current position.

• Like 2

Share this comment

4 minutes ago, Moggles said:

It should probably be calculated using the distance required to return safely from a task and not from current position.

I agree with you, something is wrong here and could be improved.

• Like 1

Share this comment

On 3/23/2017 at 11:47 AM, Moggles said:

I agree with this statement 100%.

Share this comment