[Beta] Rainbow Jellyfish don't seem to respawn

Rinta
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Closed

Not sure if intended, but Rainbow Jelly don't reappear after they are killed in some area.

Normal Jellyfishes do respawn.

Steps to Reproduce
1. Kill Rainbow Jellyfishes in certain area 2. Come again to same area in 10 days - no Rainbow Jellyfishes are there, they did not respawn

User Feedback

I looked at the lua file for both rainbow jelly fish and jelly fish. For rainbow jelly fish on line 47-48 it says inst.components.childspawner:SetRegenPeriod(60) twice and I believe it should say inst.components.childspawner:SetSpawnPeriod(.1)  on line 48.

Share this comment

I once find 20+ rainbow jelly fishes nearby the volcano. They were all moving at the same direction. May be for some reason they all respawned over there at that same spawner?

Edit:

I just realize, all those jelly fishes were heading to the volcano!

59cabf5107f38_DesktopScreenshot2017_09.27-04_51_24_34.thumb.png.0d4cafcd636074a8af57bae190a959e6.png

Edited by Mday

Share this comment

On 9/25/2017 at 5:09 PM, zzKratoszz said:

I looked at the lua file for both rainbow jelly fish and jelly fish. For rainbow jelly fish on line 47-48 it says inst.components.childspawner:SetRegenPeriod(60) twice and I believe it should say inst.components.childspawner:SetSpawnPeriod(.1)  on line 48.

That's confusing in that the copy I have live from steam is correct, line 47 and 48 read:
    inst.components.childspawner:SetRegenPeriod(60)
    inst.components.childspawner:SetSpawnPeriod(.1)

They seem to be working as intended as far as I can see.  You can't find them in the day. They only appear at night. If you keep watching them into the day, you'll still see them I think, but once they leave your sight they will disappear again. They also migrate to the volcano during new moons. 

Share this comment

Thanks for looking into the matter. I just checked and yes the live version has changed since I last opened the file. Now everything looks good. You can see more of that Klei polish every day.

I have a screen shot from when I made my last post if anyone is curious. https://imgur.com/a/XkHKn

Share this comment