Birds in Hamlet stop spawning after a few days in game.

A.P.Erson
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Fixed

Whenever I play the game in a Hamlet world, no matter what character I pick or what settings I choose (Or lack of changing), birds just flat out stop existing after a few days in a single play session.. Ones in cages or even in bird traps still exist, but new birds stop flying in. All types from pigeons to toucans just never fly back in again. This is not fun for a variety of reasons, such as never getting more seeds or feathers (especially for the porksuator). There is a fix, but it is an annoying one. If I am to log off of a world and then return to said world, birds will start flying back again. This only lasts for a few days again, and will then leave my world birdless (The horror). Please fix this, as I want to have seeds for my sad sad farms.

Steps to Reproduce
Just start up a world and after a few days, notice the lack of birds in the world. If you want to temporarily fix, relog into the world, and it will fix for only a few ingame days until you end up birdless.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I can confirm that this is also happening to me. When attempting to plant a big field of crops using Wormwood's ability to plant seeds anywhere without a farm plot, I noticed that my seed collection ran out rather quickly and permanently :p To remedy this I tried to generate renewable seeds by feeding crops to a bird in a bird cage (I had to restart the game to capture a bird), but I later discovered that Wormwood cannot plant seeds for specific crops :( due to the following bug: 

Share this comment

i beliave this is a glitch related to the pigeons that apear in groups in the city,this glitch happens to me weneaver i fist go to the city.reloguing solves the problem(sorry 4 bad english)

Share this comment

I'm having this issue as well. It happens whenever I enter Swinesbury. After the first night, in the town, no more birds. I can reset the game, but it's very time consuming and basically makes Wormwood's planting perks useless.

Share this comment

Still an issue unfortunately, I love all the attention don’t starve is getting and I hope this gets fixed eventually, I definitely agree it’s something with the pigeons, if I save in the hamlet and reload only the pigeons will spawn but if I save in any other biome they spawn again until I go back to the hamlet. 

Share this comment