Server refuses to launch after hotfixes

BezKa
  • Known Issue

Our servers refuse to launch for a day after game receives a hotfix. The rollback screen gets filled with the same day, and restarting the computer or steam doesn't work. The only solution is to wait. Tried to launch my solo world- same result. Interestingly enough, the Gorge server works without a hitch, while any other servers can't be launched. 

client_log.txt

image.thumb.png.df38b8911f7b7c5cc4c792368e669a42.png

Steps to Reproduce

Notice hotfix on the forums

Turn off game so it can update

Try to launch server

Fail

User Feedback

47 minutes ago, zarklord_klei said:

These don't seem to be the correct log files, they aren't on Update 478446, instead they are on Update 478130.

That's very strange, since I opened and closed the game many times between attempting to start the server. I also rebooted my PC at one point.

I tried turning the game on again and launching the server- it failed again, there are no changes in the log, though. I made sure to close the game correctly before opening the file. 

Are there some steps I missed? 

Share this comment

2 hours ago, KelKelp said:

Did you tried reinstalling the game? This happend to me aswell and it worked. I really hope this helps.

It worked, but it's gonna be a real bother to do it every time after a hotfix. Thanks for help

Share this comment

Thanks for the info. This appears to be a file permissions issue. Something is preventing the game from writing to some folders after a hotfix. It could be Windows or anti-virus software that is not recognizing the new exe as the same software, or not... But we are looking into it.

Verifying the game files via steam and rebooting your computer may resolve the issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this comment

On 9/15/2021 at 10:17 PM, ScottHansen said:

could be Windows or anti-virus software that is not recognizing the new exe 

My PC just tried to stop launching the server and showed me a warning. Looks like it is the reason for this problem after all. 

Share this comment