No Hallowed Nights trinkets spawning.

Heinleinfan
  • Fixed

I don't know if it's a bug or not.  Do they need time to spawn?  Do they not spawn in winter?   It was winter in my world when Hallowed Nights started.  I'm into spring now.

I know the event is on, I can build the event specific items and my costume is available to wear.

But I've gone over my entire world now, and not a single trinket to be found.

Steps to Reproduce
I was on DST when I saw on the forums that the Hallowed Nights event started, I relogged into the game and saw the event specific built items (like Treat Bag) were up and my costume. But I've yet to see a single trinket to turn into Pig King for candy.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

SHORT ANSWER TO RESOLVE THE ISSUE:
- Your word existed during last years Hallowed Nights so it did not spawn new trinkets (This will be fixed in next update).
- Workaround: in the console window run the following command. If caves, make sure it says still "Remote" after you copy/paste into the text box. Then disconnect and reload your world.
TheWorld.components.specialeventsetup.halloweentrinkets = false

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trinkets should have spawned when you loaded your world.

The first thing to check is in the events are disabled in you world's settings.
In the Host Game screen, select your world, click on the World tab, and let me know what events (the calendar icon) is set to.

• Like 1

Share this comment

Hi, I have the same trouble (we discussed it here: https://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/83594-no-hallowed-nights-trinkets-spawning/), I checked my world settings, events are "auto" (see screenshot) and in leveldataoverride is specialevents "default". Not in server_log.txt, there it is false. (It's a new one compared to the one in the discussion thread, because I loaded the game since then to check things again.

I could use the event skins in the world normally.

server_log.txt

client_log.txt

eventauto.jpg

Share this comment

The event is in the world, every part of it except the trinkets.  I can build the treat bag and the pumkin jack o'lantern, those things never remained buildable after the event.

Yes, my events are on "auto".

Someone else is having the same problem, as posted here.

Share this comment

In the console (press ~ to open it), could you run the following commands?  (make sure it says "Remote" beside the text box, before you send the command, if not press Ctrl to toggle it)

c_countprefabs("trinket_32")
c_countprefabs("trinket_33")
c_countprefabs("trinket_34")
c_countprefabs("trinket_35")

Now open the console again and the last few lines should look like:
There are     5    trinket_32s in the world. 

If you don't see any thing like that then you missed the Remote thing I mentioned above.
If they are all 0 then we have an issue, otherwise you just haven't found them yet.

Next try: print("trinkets: ", TheWorld.components.specialeventsetup.halloweentrinkets)    
The last line in the console window should say either
trinkets: true
or 
trinkets: false

Let me know.

PS. if it says trinkets: false then please attach your new server log file. Thanks

Share this comment

Ah, sorry, I did not account for that! Run the following command then disconnect. Next time you load your world it will spawn the trinkets.

In your server log files you should see: 
Halloween Trinkets added: ##

I'll fix properly this for the next update. And thanks for the quick replies.

Share this comment

There are still no trinkets.  None that I can see and I did the "countprefabs" commands again and it came back with zero.

Share this comment

Also, I added it before in an edit, when I ran the "print" command, it came back saying something about a nil value.  It didn't not come back with anything about trinkets, no true or false.

Share this comment

Can you try the print one more time and make sure it says remote before pressing Enter (unfortunately, pasting text toggles it)?

Share this comment

Still comes up with the nil value.  I noticed it also was 'tinkets' on here and I was cut pasting, so I made sure it was "trinkets" instead.  I cut and pasted, then it also typed it out.

events no trinkets 5.png

Share this comment

I'M AN IDIOT.

Did it again making extra sure 'remote' was showing and now I've got some trinkets showing up!

Will more and different trinkets spawn throughout the event, then?

events no trinkets 6.png

Share this comment

*sigh* Remote commands don't log out to the console... (sorry, its been a while since I worked with caves servers)
If you check your server log file you should see all the prints. If you are seeing the prints in your console then its running locally instead of remote. There are more then 1 trinket 33 in the world, its just there is only one near by.

You should now have around 60 trinkets spawned throughout the world.

Share this comment

SHORT ANSWER TO RESOLVE THE ISSUE:
- Your word existed during last years Hallowed Nights so it did not spawn new trinkets (This will be fixed in next update).
- Workaround: in the console window run the following command. If caves, make sure it says still "Remote" after you copy/paste into the text box. Then disconnect and reload your world.

Changed Status to Fixed

• Like 1

Share this comment

On 10/31/2017 at 6:05 PM, ScottHansen said:

First of all, thanks for the solution!
I would just like to point out that one year later I had the same issue.

Cheers!

Share this comment