Meteors can destroy the repaired clockwork statues

LonelySkeleton
  • Pending

My clockwork statues spawned in range of a meteor shower field. After i repaired them with the suspicious marble pieces meteors destroyed the statues and suspicious marble pieces before i could mine the statues on a full moon. Now i have no way of obtaining the Knight and Rook sketches and i am unable to do the shadow clockwork and ancient fuelweaver fight.
A simple fix would be to have the Knight Rook and Bishop pawns included in the tumbleweed loot table from day one. Currently the pawn pieces are only added to the tumbleweed loot table once you have obtained the sketches from mining the statues on a full moon (which i was unable to do because meteors destroyed/ "mined" them before i had the chance.
To clarify, the Bishop statue was the only one still repaired so i mined it on a full moon for the sketch. However the other two statues were destroyed somehow.

dst3.jpg

dst4.jpg

Steps to Reproduce

1:Have your clockwork statue set piece spawn in range of a meteor shower field. 2: Repair clockwork statues with suspicious marble pieces. 3: Meteors hit repaired clockwork statues.
This results in you losing the suspicious marble pieces and having no way of obtaining the sketches required to start the shadow clockwork fight, also preventing you from fighting ancient fuelweaver.

• Like 1

User Feedback

Can't reproduce it at all: The only thing which can be destroyed is the sketch, but it is renewable by harvesting tumbleweeds. The heads and the statues on the other hand can't be destroyed by meteorites.

Share this comment

I repaired the statues with the suspicious marble pieces, waited a week for a new moon so i could mine them for the sketches, yet when i returned on the day before a new moon the statues were already back to their destroyed state and the suspicious marble pieces were gone. No sketches were on the ground either. The area was also littered with boulders as my statues were in the middle of the meteor shower range. I'm on ps4 btw so i now have no way of obtaining the sketches for the shadow clockwork fight or doing fuelweaver. I rolled back far as i could yet the statues were still destroyed. I play solo so no other players could of mined them. Any ideas? Is it possible that the sketches were also destroyed by the meteors during the shower? I have tried farming tumbleweeds yet so far no luck.

If it's not possible for meteors to destroy repaired statue heads (even though i'm fairly certain that's what happened) then what other event could of happened that destroyed the repaired statues while i was away? There are a few tree guards nearby that spawned from meteors destroying trees so could they have destroyed them? Or is it possible that after i repaired them the game glitched and reverted them back to their destroyed state and removed the suspicious marble pieces from the world?

Edited by LonelySkeleton

Share this comment

On 7/14/2020 at 6:24 PM, Viktor234 said:

Can't reproduce it at all: The only thing which can be destroyed is the sketch, but it is renewable by harvesting tumbleweeds. The heads and the statues on the other hand can't be destroyed by meteorites.

Reading the post again,
First you have  to repair the body, then let meteor hit the repaired body.
Also tumble weeds only drop sketch if sketch already drop by repairing statues before, which in this case already gone and can no longer repaired. World is wasted.

Edited by Tranoze
  • Sad 1

Share this comment

8 minutes ago, Tranoze said:

Reading the post again,
First you have  to repair the body, then let meteor hit the repaired body.
Also tumble weeds only drop sketch if sketch already drop by repairing statues before, which in this case already gone and can no longer repaired. World is wasted.

grafik.png.716722479c8c37d8fa3fbfe278e47bfe.png

I kept repairing & throwing meteorites at it, it didn't disappear at all.

Share this comment

1 minute ago, Viktor234 said:

oh so the first half part of the bug maybe wrong then, could you try throw meteorites at new moon or full moon?
Also the second part still remain same, if you hide/block way to fix statues, tumble weeds wont drop the corresponding sketch.
Example is this bug  

Share this comment

4 minutes ago, Tranoze said:

oh so the first half part of the bug maybe wrong then, could you try throw meteorites at new moon or full moon?

Statue dropped sketch & summoned Rook just like intended, the sketch got destroyed by the falling meteorites.

5 minutes ago, Tranoze said:

Also the second part still remain same, if you hide/block way to fix statues, tumble weeds wont drop the corresponding sketch.
Example is this bug  

That does have nothing in common with that bug.

Share this comment

Just now, Viktor234 said:

Statue dropped sketch & summoned Rook just like intended, the sketch got destroyed by the falling meteorites.

That does have nothing in common with that bug.

hmm if sketch got destroyed by falling meteor then in the world you can still pick sketch from tumble weeds then.
but from what we see in the bug world the head/nose is gone but the body still remain, strange, maybe someone else griefed that server and carry the head/nose away.

Share this comment

6 minutes ago, Tranoze said:

hmm if sketch got destroyed by falling meteor then in the world you can still pick sketch from tumble weeds then.
but from what we see in the bug world the head/nose is gone but the body still remain, strange, maybe someone else griefed that server and carry the head/nose away.

It can also be a bug which does not exist in the PC version, a bug which is caused by mods, a mistake which has been done by the player who submitted the bug, or just an attempt to remove the statue system and allow players to skip it by harvesting Tumbleweeds:

A simple fix would be to have the Knight Rook and Bishop pawns included in the tumbleweed loot table from day one.

Share this comment

I play ps4 DST so it wasn't a bug caused by mods, this happened on my solo server so nobody griefed it then carried the head/nose away, and i have no problem with the statue system so i wouldn't want it skipped by harvesting tumbleweeds. Harvesting tumbleweeds would be way slower as they have a 0.1% chance of spawning pawns so it would be a huge time investment compared to just tossing a saddle on a beef and transporting them in 1-2 days or carrying the marble pieces alone to the statues and repairing them in 3-4 days time.
 I'm just reporting what happened to me, this was my first world past 100 days and i'm upset i can't do the last two boss fights. I don't believe i made any mistakes, and again i'm not even 100% certain it was meteors as i wasn't there when it happened.
 My statues are in a meteor field, I repaired the statues, left for a week to do other stuff and wait for a new moon, when i returned just before the new moon i found the Rook and Knight statues destroyed with missing marble pieces, the Bishop was the only one intact and it was also just outside of meteor range. All of this lead me to believe that it was meteors that caused it.
 In my world meteors happen even if i am on the other side of the map, so maybe the bug is that when meteors hit a repaired statue and you're not in the area they don't drop the suspicious marble pieces as intended?
 Can you please try to reproduce this once more, only this time have the meteors hit the repaired statues while you aren't in the area? Because this happened while i was at camp on the other side of the map, not when i was in the zone. Please and thank you i just want to figure this out.

13 hours ago, Viktor234 said:

Can you try this again, only don't be in the area when the meteors hit the repaired statue? Because for me this all happened while i was in camp on the other side of the map, not while i was in the area. I repaired then, spent a week at camp killing time/ waiting for a new moon, then returned the day before a new moon ready to mine them that night and get my sketches, only to find the statues broken and marble pieces missing. Maybe the bug is that when meteors hit a repaired statue while you aren't in the area they won't drop the marble piece?

13 hours ago, Tranoze said:

So if i understand from your testing, when a meteor hits a repaired statue it is meant to drop the marble piece next to it. This would mean that the bug is: My marble pieces didn't drop after the statues were hit by meteors. Possibly due to me not being there when it happened, or possibly it's just a bug on ps4 not pc.

13 hours ago, Viktor234 said:

It can also be a bug which does not exist in the PC version, a bug which is caused by mods, a mistake which has been done by the player who submitted the bug, or just an attempt to remove the statue system and allow players to skip it by harvesting Tumbleweeds:

I play ps4 DST so it wasn't a bug caused by mods, this happened on my solo server so nobody griefed it then carried the head/nose away. And i wouldn't want it skipped by harvesting tumbleweeds. Harvesting tumbleweeds would be way slower as they have a 0.1% chance of spawning pawns so it would be a huge time investment compared to just tossing a saddle on a beef and transporting them in 1-2 days or carrying the marble pieces alone to the statues and repairing them in 3-4 days time. I simply suggested that fix off the top of my head as it's the only way i can see this problem getting resolved.

Share this comment

It happened the exact same thing to me in my own server. I repaired 2/3 statues as their pieces spawned quite close and found the last piece like 100 days after (so rollback is not possible) to find out one of the already repaired statues was broken with just a marble next to it, like mined by someone. I play alone so no one could have mined it. I already knew it was a meteor area but never imagined they could break the repaired statues.

Anyway, I am hoping the OP was able to get the missing blueprints from tumbleweeds at least. I play in PC btw.

• Sad 1

Share this comment

On 8/18/2020 at 8:05 PM, cobii188 said:

It happened the exact same thing to me in my own server. I repaired 2/3 statues as their pieces spawned quite close and found the last piece like 100 days after (so rollback is not possible) to find out one of the already repaired statues was broken with just a marble next to it, like mined by someone. I play alone so no one could have mined it. I already knew it was a meteor area but never imagined they could break the repaired statues.

Anyway, I am hoping the OP was able to get the missing blueprints from tumbleweeds at least. I play in PC btw.

So i farmed tumbleweeds for about 20-30 hours and only ever got Bishop pawns. Bishop was the only statue i was able to mine and only sketch i obtained. I guess you can only loot each pawn from tumbleweeds after you have received the corresponding sketch prior. I assume this is meant to be a way to get them back if they were stolen or burnt, but doesn't help players like me who had the repaired statues destroyed or the suspicious marble pieces bugged out. I'm still patiently waiting that they will fix this someday, like Klei just please remove the prerequisite for pawns being in the tumbleweed loot table and make them available anytime. they're like a 1% chance anyway it's not like this change will have players opting for tumbleweed farming instead of repairing the statues as the former can take sooo much longer than the latter especially if you use beefalo or Walter to carry the statues. Even walking them over only takes a week in game max, where as farming all three pawns could easily take 10 hours at least unless you were insanely lucky.

Just a recap: My shadow pieces are in a Mosaic biome in the middle of a meteor field, i repaired all three statues and left them alone for 1 week to prepare for the fight and wait for the next full moon. When i returned to the shadow pieces the day before a full moon ready to mine them and get the sketches, i discovered that 2/3 statues were destroyed. Nothing was on the ground either no marble, no sketches, no suspicious marble pieces to re-repair them.

This is my main world of over 3k days now, a solo world that has never had anyone else join, and i'm on ps4 so i can't use commands. To this day it upsets me that i can't do shadow pieces or fuelweaver, i doubt i will ever make a new world either i have so much time invested in this one a huge megabase and it's almost perfect world gen. It would take me weeks of exploring new worlds to find one even close to this good, believe me i even tried at one point, i have searched over 50 worlds. And remember i'm on ps4 so it takes upwards of 45min to explore each world i can't use map reveal mod i have to use Walter.

The only way i have been able to do these fights is on friend's worlds. Sigh.

On 7/15/2020 at 7:10 AM, Viktor234 said:

This is not "an attempt to remove the statue system and allow players to skip it by harvesting Tumbleweeds"
This is a suggestion for a fix that is desperately needed for some players as i'm not the only one it has happened to. My main world of over 3k days is ruined by a bug and i want it fixed.

You realize that carrying the marble pieces and repairing them doesn't take long even if you walk them over it only takes about a week in game at max. Where as farming tumbleweeds for all three pawns would take significantly longer as they have a 0.1% chance to drop. I spent 20-30 hours farming tumbleweeds and only ever got 6 Bishop pawns so yea it's not ideal at all.

My point is that this suggested fix wouldn't have players opting for tumbleweed farming. Nobody would ever choose to farm tumbleweeds for the three pawns instead of just repairing the statues with suspicious marble. This suggested fix would only be a backup for players like me who had the shadow pieces bug out, forever preventing them from doing shadow pieces and fuelweaver. It's a simple fix at that, literally all they have to do is remove the prerequisite for pawn pieces becoming available in the tumbleweed loot table.

Share this comment

Did you ever figure this out? I can confirm that my world on PS4 also just had one of the suspicious marble pieces destroyed and I am in the same situation. 

• Sad 1

Share this comment

The same happened in our world. We play together on PC, just friends. Our 3 pieces are in meteor field as well. We repaired all 3, went back on fullmoon only to find out the rook is destroyed with no suspicious marble/sketch left on ground. There was also no more suspicious marble for the rook in our world.

• Sad 1

Share this comment

So it's been a full year and this bug still hasn't been fixed :(
I still play the world, i mean you don't put 2k days into your first long term world just to give up because you can't fight Fuelweaver. If anything me not starting over is a testament to how great the game is and how much content it has to offer. At this point it's quite unique anyway due to it being made in early 2019 and having all the content post retrofitted in.

Still though it saddens me that Klei won't address this issue in some way. What the game desperately needs is an alternative way to start the Shadow Pieces fight, in the event that you cannot repair the clockwork statues. I still strongly believe that the easiest and best solution to these issues regarding missing or glitched suspicious marble pieces would be to simply add the Rook, Knight, and Bishop Trinkets into the tumbleweed loot table indefinitely.

The fact that you need to first obtain the statue sketch (Which people who have these issues cannot do) for the corresponding trinket to appear in the tumbleweed loot table defeats the purpose honestly. If i already have the sketch why do i need a Trinket trade with PK for a duplicate? And if i never even had the sketch due to Shadow piece bugs, i literally cannot get the Trinket i need to trade with PK for the sketch. It's maddening. Shadow Pieces and by extension Fuelweaver is very important content, and the fact that it's entirely dependent on 3 suspicious marble pieces (which have many associated bugs and in general are easy to grief) is a massive oversight imo. I once met a player with a 1500 day world who had one of his suspicious marbles dropped into a section of water that couldn't be reached via Pinchin' Winch, ultimately locking him out of those two fights. His story and mine are just two examples of why this needs to be addressed. 

Klei for the love of your game and hardcore players like me please just add the Knight Rook and Bishop Trinkets into the tumbleweed's loot table permanently. The drop % is already like 0.01% so players who aren't in this rare situation like myself will still chose to set up the Shadow Pieces fight the normal way. Nobody would ever prefer to get the 3 Trinkets from tumbleweeds instead as it's very time consuming, this change would simply be for those with bugged Shadow piece setpieces/ bugged or griefed suspicious marble pieces.

DST!.jpg

If you fix this i'll spend $100 on chests. JK i already have spent twice that in my years playing simply because i love the game and the cosmetics for base decoration. Jokes aside please fix this :( i know that not many people are in my situation it must be such a small % of the playerbase that you have probably ignored it for more important stuff, but it would literally mean the world to me. I won't stop playing this world or this game for many years to come so i will never give up hope that this will one day be fixed.

On 2/15/2021 at 4:29 PM, ZeroGPX said:

The same happened in our world. We play together on PC, just friends. Our 3 pieces are in meteor field as well. We repaired all 3, went back on fullmoon only to find out the rook is destroyed with no suspicious marble/sketch left on ground. There was also no more suspicious marble for the rook in our world.

At least you're on PC you can just use commands to spawn them in. I'm on console version meaning unless this is actually fixed in some way i will never be able to progress and defeat those two bosses. Do you have any idea how tedious it is to dupe Thulsite via Dragonfly kills and (de)construction items for 4k days lol. Beyond the actual content and how fun the fights are i just wish i could reset my ruins :( 

Edited by LonelySkeleton
  • Sad Dupe 1

Share this comment

Had the same thing just happen on Xbox series X. The set is in a meteor field and not knowing about this bug, I repaired all 3 statues, left for over 10 days, and came back to find the bishop had been destroyed. There were 2 pieces of marble next to him but no blueprint/drawing and no way to restore the missing piece. This is a private world, just my husband and I play it. It’s not possible that someone griefed it. Our world is over 1200 days. 
Klie, please fix this. It’s frustrating to have invested so much time and not be able to play the entire game. Also, please and thank you. :)

Share this comment

Reporting from 2022. Still an issue. My statues are near some meteors and I came back to one of the repaired statutes being its base form. Used commands and the knight piece is no where in the world. 

Share this comment