Meteors can destroy the repaired clockwork statues

LonelySkeleton
  • Pending

My clockwork statues spawned in range of a meteor shower field. After i repaired them with the suspicious marble pieces meteors destroyed the statues and suspicious marble pieces before i could mine the statues on a full moon. Now i have no way of obtaining the Knight and Rook sketches and i am unable to do the shadow clockwork and ancient fuelweaver fight.
A simple fix would be to have the Knight Rook and Bishop pawns included in the tumbleweed loot table from day one. Currently the pawn pieces are only added to the tumbleweed loot table once you have obtained the sketches from mining the statues on a full moon (which i was unable to do because meteors destroyed/ "mined" them before i had the chance.
To clarify, the Bishop statue was the only one still repaired so i mined it on a full moon for the sketch. However the other two statues were destroyed somehow.

dst3.jpg

dst4.jpg

Steps to Reproduce

1:Have your clockwork statue set piece spawn in range of a meteor shower field. 2: Repair clockwork statues with suspicious marble pieces. 3: Meteors hit repaired clockwork statues.
This results in you losing the suspicious marble pieces and having no way of obtaining the sketches required to start the shadow clockwork fight, also preventing you from fighting ancient fuelweaver.

User Feedback

Can't reproduce it at all: The only thing which can be destroyed is the sketch, but it is renewable by harvesting tumbleweeds. The heads and the statues on the other hand can't be destroyed by meteorites.

Share this comment

I repaired the statues with the suspicious marble pieces, waited a week for a new moon so i could mine them for the sketches, yet when i returned on the day before a new moon the statues were already back to their destroyed state and the suspicious marble pieces were gone. No sketches were on the ground either. The area was also littered with boulders as my statues were in the middle of the meteor shower range. I'm on ps4 btw so i now have no way of obtaining the sketches for the shadow clockwork fight or doing fuelweaver. I rolled back far as i could yet the statues were still destroyed. I play solo so no other players could of mined them. Any ideas? Is it possible that the sketches were also destroyed by the meteors during the shower? I have tried farming tumbleweeds yet so far no luck.

If it's not possible for meteors to destroy repaired statue heads (even though i'm fairly certain that's what happened) then what other event could of happened that destroyed the repaired statues while i was away? There are a few tree guards nearby that spawned from meteors destroying trees so could they have destroyed them? Or is it possible that after i repaired them the game glitched and reverted them back to their destroyed state and removed the suspicious marble pieces from the world?

Edited by LonelySkeleton

Share this comment

On 7/14/2020 at 6:24 PM, Viktor234 said:

Can't reproduce it at all: The only thing which can be destroyed is the sketch, but it is renewable by harvesting tumbleweeds. The heads and the statues on the other hand can't be destroyed by meteorites.

Reading the post again,
First you have  to repair the body, then let meteor hit the repaired body.
Also tumble weeds only drop sketch if sketch already drop by repairing statues before, which in this case already gone and can no longer repaired. World is wasted.

Edited by Tranoze

Share this comment

8 minutes ago, Tranoze said:

Reading the post again,
First you have  to repair the body, then let meteor hit the repaired body.
Also tumble weeds only drop sketch if sketch already drop by repairing statues before, which in this case already gone and can no longer repaired. World is wasted.

grafik.png.716722479c8c37d8fa3fbfe278e47bfe.png

I kept repairing & throwing meteorites at it, it didn't disappear at all.

Share this comment

1 minute ago, Viktor234 said:

oh so the first half part of the bug maybe wrong then, could you try throw meteorites at new moon or full moon?
Also the second part still remain same, if you hide/block way to fix statues, tumble weeds wont drop the corresponding sketch.
Example is this bug  

Share this comment

4 minutes ago, Tranoze said:

oh so the first half part of the bug maybe wrong then, could you try throw meteorites at new moon or full moon?

Statue dropped sketch & summoned Rook just like intended, the sketch got destroyed by the falling meteorites.

5 minutes ago, Tranoze said:

Also the second part still remain same, if you hide/block way to fix statues, tumble weeds wont drop the corresponding sketch.
Example is this bug  

That does have nothing in common with that bug.

Share this comment

Just now, Viktor234 said:

Statue dropped sketch & summoned Rook just like intended, the sketch got destroyed by the falling meteorites.

That does have nothing in common with that bug.

hmm if sketch got destroyed by falling meteor then in the world you can still pick sketch from tumble weeds then.
but from what we see in the bug world the head/nose is gone but the body still remain, strange, maybe someone else griefed that server and carry the head/nose away.

Share this comment

6 minutes ago, Tranoze said:

hmm if sketch got destroyed by falling meteor then in the world you can still pick sketch from tumble weeds then.
but from what we see in the bug world the head/nose is gone but the body still remain, strange, maybe someone else griefed that server and carry the head/nose away.

It can also be a bug which does not exist in the PC version, a bug which is caused by mods, a mistake which has been done by the player who submitted the bug, or just an attempt to remove the statue system and allow players to skip it by harvesting Tumbleweeds:

A simple fix would be to have the Knight Rook and Bishop pawns included in the tumbleweed loot table from day one.

Share this comment

I play ps4 DST so it wasn't a bug caused by mods, this happened on my solo server so nobody griefed it then carried the head/nose away, and i have no problem with the statue system so i wouldn't want it skipped by harvesting tumbleweeds. Harvesting tumbleweeds would be way slower as they have a 0.1% chance of spawning pawns so it would be a huge time investment compared to just tossing a saddle on a beef and transporting them in 1-2 days or carrying the marble pieces alone to the statues and repairing them in 3-4 days time.
 I'm just reporting what happened to me, this was my first world past 100 days and i'm upset i can't do the last two boss fights. I don't believe i made any mistakes, and again i'm not even 100% certain it was meteors as i wasn't there when it happened.
 My statues are in a meteor field, I repaired the statues, left for a week to do other stuff and wait for a new moon, when i returned just before the new moon i found the Rook and Knight statues destroyed with missing marble pieces, the Bishop was the only one intact and it was also just outside of meteor range. All of this lead me to believe that it was meteors that caused it.
 In my world meteors happen even if i am on the other side of the map, so maybe the bug is that when meteors hit a repaired statue and you're not in the area they don't drop the suspicious marble pieces as intended?
 Can you please try to reproduce this once more, only this time have the meteors hit the repaired statues while you aren't in the area? Because this happened while i was at camp on the other side of the map, not when i was in the zone. Please and thank you i just want to figure this out.

13 hours ago, Viktor234 said:

Can you try this again, only don't be in the area when the meteors hit the repaired statue? Because for me this all happened while i was in camp on the other side of the map, not while i was in the area. I repaired then, spent a week at camp killing time/ waiting for a new moon, then returned the day before a new moon ready to mine them that night and get my sketches, only to find the statues broken and marble pieces missing. Maybe the bug is that when meteors hit a repaired statue while you aren't in the area they won't drop the marble piece?

13 hours ago, Tranoze said:

So if i understand from your testing, when a meteor hits a repaired statue it is meant to drop the marble piece next to it. This would mean that the bug is: My marble pieces didn't drop after the statues were hit by meteors. Possibly due to me not being there when it happened, or possibly it's just a bug on ps4 not pc.

13 hours ago, Viktor234 said:

It can also be a bug which does not exist in the PC version, a bug which is caused by mods, a mistake which has been done by the player who submitted the bug, or just an attempt to remove the statue system and allow players to skip it by harvesting Tumbleweeds:

I play ps4 DST so it wasn't a bug caused by mods, this happened on my solo server so nobody griefed it then carried the head/nose away. And i wouldn't want it skipped by harvesting tumbleweeds. Harvesting tumbleweeds would be way slower as they have a 0.1% chance of spawning pawns so it would be a huge time investment compared to just tossing a saddle on a beef and transporting them in 1-2 days or carrying the marble pieces alone to the statues and repairing them in 3-4 days time. I simply suggested that fix off the top of my head as it's the only way i can see this problem getting resolved.

Share this comment