Powering Anti-Entropy Thermo Nullifier

I need some advice with powering the Thermo Nullifier, and I know I need to feed it 10 g/s of Hydrogen. I was thinking of using the Electrolyzer to make a constant supply Hydrogen, and it can also double as my Oxygen supply. But I usually power the electrolyzer in a closed system, i.e. harnessing the hydrogen it makes through a hydrogen generator, and that powers the whole system. So I was wondering if there's a way for me to constantly pump hydrogen into my Thermo Nullifier.

If you want to use the h2 from an electrolyzer to power both an aetn and a generator, then use a bridge to pull gas out to the aetn first and then let the remaining gas flow to the generator.  It will take a little while to fill up the pipe to the aetn before the generator starts getting any gas,  but eventually you'll be supplying both.   Be sure to use a smart battery to turn the generator on and off as needed so you don't waste h2.

1 hour ago, Soulwind said:

If you want to use the h2 from an electrolyzer to power both an aetn and a generator, then use a bridge to pull gas out to the aetn first and then let the remaining gas flow to the generator.  It will take a little while to fill up the pipe to the aetn before the generator starts getting any gas,  but eventually you'll be supplying both.   Be sure to use a smart battery to turn the generator on and off as needed so you don't waste h2.

That's a really good idea. Thanks!

i usually do the opposite - i have gas tank for hydro in my electrolizer room (to have some buffer h2 just in case). overflow from the tank goes to aetn or any other place i need h2. that way you oxygen production will always be powered and the extra h2 will go to fuel thermo nullifier + fill the room where it stands with h2 over time.

16 hours ago, Soulwind said:

Same, but an extra gas valve will make it even shorter to "fill" de pipes.

20 hours ago, Soulwind said:

If you want to use the h2 from an electrolyzer to power both an aetn and a generator, then use a bridge to pull gas out to the aetn first and then let the remaining gas flow to the generator. 

I usually do the opposite as well. I prioritize the generator.

If you can make sense of this compact spaghetti, this is how I usually utilize an AETN. (I'm working towards more and more compact designs each playthrough :D)

This seems the most sensible way to use one of these....because you're gonna have to deal with the oxygen that comes out of the electrolyzer one way or another. Might as well send it to base.

Later on, if you are wanting LOX, you can use this system to pre-cool the oxygen for it, and power everything externally to get more hydrogen output, instead of using the hydrogen generator.

5c046be3152cf_gasvalve2.thumb.png.0f1dfa2b3eaae5cd1aaab87cd4e6bafd.png

There's the overview.

5c046c42059a6_Gasvalve.thumb.png.3e1aea1ac1fc23e3afc76829b4096227.png

This system buffers hydrogen in favor of the generator. Once the generator line fills up, excess gas is sent to the AETN through a temperature controlled valve. I kept the buffer to the AETN small, because it doesn't consume much hydrogen, and I want to keep the temps stable.

5c046cfc928b2_AETNCold.thumb.png.cbc57e46cacb72a8ee28261bb2cfabf0.png

Any leftover hydrogen after that gets sent off elsewhere to be stored.

Another tip, is to carefully let the system run for awhile with the room to the aetn open, while sucking out only the oxygen. That way, it gets filled with hydrogen, and you have more efficient heat transfer.

Currently, I'm going with this design,5c04a9e824c27_ElectrolyzerSetup-Ventilation.thumb.jpg.4497322e3b0ddc750ff7ea17dfe52343.jpg

5c04a9e608b37_ElectrolyzerSetup-Automation.thumb.jpg.8d72503216a8432d7559a3b33001ae1f.jpg

The objective of this design, is to fill up my lil AETN room with Hydrogen. On the bottom left I have an Atmo sensor and Gaseous Element Sensor hooked up to an AND gate hooked up to Gas shut-off valves. Until the room has not met the requirements of the two sensors, the shut-off valve that leads to the AETN is closed. Once the room is filled with enough Hydrogen, the gas shutoff valve that fills up the room is on, and the other is turned off, and I manually lock the door on the bottom so the pressure doesn't change. It'll take a few cycles for the room to fill with Hydrogen, and I am somewhat worried about the H2 Generator producing too much heat.

SIDE NOTE: Where does the Shutoff valves "block" the gases, does it block it on the output or input?
Cause if it blocks it on the input, I need to add pipes that leads to the input of the bottom Gas Shutoff.

5 hours ago, ArtistRei said:

Currently, I'm going with this design,

SIDE NOTE: Where does the Shutoff valves "block" the gases, does it block it on the output or input?
Cause if it blocks it on the input, I need to add pipes that leads to the input of the bottom Gas Shutoff.

Blocks the output, since the middle technically doesn't exist / carry gas through it. So you can run gasses through the input even if it's shut off. There's a couple really neat gas filtering systems that abuse this.

I would like to point out, that the maximum oxygen output of the electrolyzer is 888 g/s. The most a gas pump can pump into a pipe is 500 g/s. So you will need 2 of them if you don't want the elctrolyzer going over pressure often, or want it to run with any sorta efficiency. A hydrogen generator can power 3x gas pumps and the electrolyzer by itself, and emit surplus hydrogen.

Not all of the pumps will run constantly however, as that would drain your hydrogen supply. Instead, the system, if setup correctly, should pulse with optimum gas pumping cycles.

But, if you plan on just using it to fill the room with hydrogen, and not planning on running it long term...there were probably easier ways to do it. I usually hunt down the little hydrogen pockets in the caustic biome and siphon out hydrogen from there if i just want to fill a room.

If I put two gas pumps on the bottom, the likely hood of it sucking hydrogen increases. I can redesign it, with just two pumps and a filter. The electrolyzer pumps out 1000 g/s of gasses, so gas pumps would be efficient.

As for filling the room with H2, this works for me. I don't wanna have to build insulated gas pipes from the caustic biome all the way to this spot, when I can use the surplus to slowly fill it with H2. it would be faster, but I have to build my other projects as well.

EDIT: Actually, adding the 3rd gas pump, will slowly drain my H2 surplus, and it'll require me to manually jump start the system again to get some H2 in the Generator. 3 gas pumps and the electrolyzer adds up to 840W requirement, and the generator only produces 800W.

6 hours ago, ArtistRei said:

1) If I put two gas pumps on the bottom, the likely hood of it sucking hydrogen increases. I can redesign it, with just two pumps and a filter. The electrolyzer pumps out 1000 g/s of gasses, so gas pumps would be efficient.

As for filling the room with H2, this works for me. I don't wanna have to build insulated gas pipes from the caustic biome all the way to this spot, when I can use the surplus to slowly fill it with H2. it would be faster, but I have to build my other projects as well.

2) EDIT: Actually, adding the 3rd gas pump, will slowly drain my H2 surplus, and it'll require me to manually jump start the system again to get some H2 in the Generator. 3 gas pumps and the electrolyzer adds up to 840W requirement, and the generator only produces 800W.

I can address these points.

1) With your current system : Probably not. Hydrogen goes up, oxygen goes down. If you space everything right which it looks like you may have, no hydrogen gets sucked into the oxygen pumps, and no oxygen gets sucked into the hydrogen pump.

2) That is why I noted the commonly used system pulses. You are not using a continuous 840 watts. This is because the 2x pumps are slightly overkill, and you use a gas pressure automation switch to govern them. 1000 g/s vs. 888 g/s means they will not have to pump constantly. The hydrogen pump won't pump constantly either, and the electrolyzer often goes overpressure anyway in a confined space like that.

Anyway, my main point, is that if the system is over-pressure, it is not generating gas at all, which means you might end up with *less* hydrogen output.

Now that I think about it, there's a nifty way to sort gasses with the pipe element sensor and a shutoff valve...and It only requires 10 watts to do it.

So you could technically run that system with only 2 pumps and get away with it for less...Interesting...

-Edit-

And here it is...I don't know if anyone else uses anything like this...But tbh, this thing is pretty darn digusting.

5c054c9d56376_spommk.4.thumb.png.a37255a1ce69a21f326d1e439fd0d0c9.png

5c054cb07bfad_spommk.4(2).thumb.png.7aa49861a9895dce87ca0a551aca407a.png

This is just a roughed out idea. I'm sure there's an ideal configuration...So instead of running a 3rd gas pump for an extra 240w, you run a shutoff and an element sensor for an intermittent 10w.

I'm using this system to power the pump bringing in water and you can already see it backing up at the generator (it's run for maybe a cycle or two total in this image). If you had something like...your base coal generation or something powering the pump feeding it, you'd get even more hydrogen.

Though unintentionally inspired...I'm using this sucker from now on. It's cheap, it's easy, it's compact...it needs some more looking into.

I have been running this kind of system on another part of the base. I use it to fill up my atmo suit and and my base, although I used a gas bridge to prioritize the atmo suits. That system is running on 600W to 840W constantly (2 pumps, electrolyzer, thermoregulator). The system would run for a few cycles before I have to manually jumpstart it with dupes again.

7 minutes ago, ArtistRei said:

I have been running this kind of system on another part of the base. I use it to fill up my atmo suit and and my base, although I used a gas bridge to prioritize the atmo suits. That system is running on 600W to 840W constantly (2 pumps, electrolyzer, thermoregulator). The system would run for a few cycles before I have to manually jumpstart it with dupes again.

The system I posted above should run forever with surplus hydrogen after you get it kick started, so long as you have a source of water. After the generator backs up, it will then feed the AETN. After that backs up, it will output any extra. The goal now is to find an ideal layout for it, so that both pumps are outputting better packets and the electrolyzer never goes over pressure.

Archived