Humid season sucks

To be honest I don't really like the seasons in hamlet there annoyances which are only threatening if you want to have fun the biggest offender is humid season which makes exploration nearly impossible even with the pith helmet or nauseating with the bat cowl if you decide you want to see, and since humid is so early you get 11 days to explore and prep for humid and lush soon aporkcalypse or you can get a house and camp there for both the season since that's the easiest since everything you need to survive is in the pig villages.

if you feel like playing the game heres what you do step 1 get a pith helmet or bat cowl step 2 body armor you have to lose the backpack or you will die because you need armor step 3 be attacked by bats, and roc either dying or losing almost all of your health while being teleported to the roc island. because trying to progress before Autu.. I mean Temperate is a horrible idea because for some reason everything happens on humid heres a list of everything that could and will go wrong 

1 ran out of food because wild food doesn't exist 

2 pith or bat cowl broke 

3 go insane because for some reason not only does fog make you get wet faster than poring or crashing into waves rain water also makes you go insane because why not water = insanity 

4 200 bats attack or roc decides that it wants to attack this random player every 10-20 days that won't get annoying

5 lightning more of a rant on lightning why does lightning target the player so much you can be in the middle of the street with metal streetlamps right next to you and what gets hit? You do and after being mauled by 20 bats will finish you off

6 scorps getting wood because you decided that you don't want to be wet maybe you could get some snake skin from the snakes in the trees of wait a scorp fell from it and it stung you great now you poisoned   

notice how little of these effect staying a house in the village?

anyway now back to things that I just don't like first of all fog why does fog make you slow down so much why does wearing anything makes you slow but a pith hat or bat cowl doesn't? plus the season is just a combination of everything I hate in don't starve being slow requires waiting makes it harder to see having any skill does nothing boring. Anyway I really hate humid season I honestly want it removed from the game there are ways to fix it heres a couple ways

1 make it start on day 20 11 days isn't enough once you start to base you will have to deal with it

2 remove the fog or make it so it doesn't slow you down and pith removes it and lower the wetness or cap it 

3 add a season between it I miss seasons like winter

anyway humid season sucks klei please change it

I've gone 127 days and 141 days, and I have no problems with the fog season. It can make you not want to explore, but I explore during it just fine once I get Ro Bin, and alright without Robin. As for food, I'm almost always having food rot in Don't Starve, and I feed anything that will give me poo to the pigs and still having food rot. If you're running out of food in any season, you're still learning and need to learn more.

As for it slowing you down, that does suck. The reason it gives is you're hot and humid. Its more a steam than a fog, kinda, except I think its supposed to represent tunnel vision from heat exhaustion or heat stroke.

Personally, I only wear the pith hat when its fog season and the bats show up, the rest of the time I run around without armor when its foggy time, and with a football helmet and umbrella when its raining.

Lightening strikes the player even with metal lamps around because you need a lightening rod, because Maxwell is messing with you.

The bird comes after you because Maxwell is messing with you.

We don't know how often the bird will actually show up and take you away in the final release. Maybe it will be the way it is now, which I'm fine with, or maybe it'll stomp around and wreck things more often instead or something. Maybe they haven't programmed in all the behaviors for it they intend to.

Hamlet is supposed to be challenging, and while there are things I find annoying (like how often the bats show up, and the guards will burn everything down if you allow them to fight at night, you have to buy cloth instead of being able to make it) there are ways even now in Beta to deal with 'em.

In the other Don't Starve games there's a ton of clothing, rain coats, breezy vests, belts of hunger, hibernation vests, etc. And no one wears them. Its like they don't even need to exist. If you needed them in Don't Starve, you'd be without your backpack. Now in Hamlet, you have to go sometimes without a backpack or with a backpack and pith hat or whatever. You know the solutions already for getting around, just don't waste your hat when its not foggy and you're not being attacked by bats.

I like the challenge and novelty of the humid season, Klei, please leave it in.

Although, maybe a breezy vest might help!?

I've gone 127 days and 141 days, and I have no problems with the fog season. It can make you not want to explore, but I explore during it just fine once I get Ro Bin, and alright without Robin. As for food, I'm almost always having food rot in Don't Starve, and I feed anything that will give me poo to the pigs and still having food rot. If you're running out of food in any season, you're still learning and need to learn more.

As for it slowing you down, that does suck. The reason it gives is you're hot and humid. Its more a steam than a fog, kinda, except I think its supposed to represent tunnel vision from heat exhaustion or heat stroke.

Personally, I only wear the pith hat when its fog season and the bats show up, the rest of the time I run around without armor when its foggy time, and with a football helmet and umbrella when its raining.

Lightening strikes the player even with metal lamps around because you need a lightening rod, because Maxwell is messing with you.

The bird comes after you because Maxwell is messing with you.

We don't know how often the bird will actually show up and take you away in the final release. Maybe it will be the way it is now, which I'm fine with, or maybe it'll stomp around and wreck things more often instead or something. Maybe they haven't programmed in all the behaviors for it they intend to.

Hamlet is supposed to be challenging, and while there are things I find annoying (like how often the bats show up, and the guards will burn everything down if you allow them to fight at night, you have to buy cloth instead of being able to make it) there are ways even now in Beta to deal with 'em.

In the other Don't Starve games there's a ton of clothing, rain coats, breezy vests, belts of hunger, hibernation vests, etc. And no one wears them. Its like they don't even need to exist. If you needed them in Don't Starve, you'd be without your backpack. Now in Hamlet, you have to go sometimes without a backpack or with a backpack and pith hat or whatever. You know the solutions already for getting around, just don't waste your hat when its not foggy and you're not being attacked by bats.

Its similar to trying to leave your base during the Summer or Winter without your thermal stone.

I like the challenge and novelty of the humid season, Klei, please leave it in.

Although, maybe a breezy vest might help!?

14 hours ago, Computer-7 said:

To be honest I don't really like the seasons in hamlet there annoyances which are only threatening if you want to have fun the biggest offender is humid season which makes exploration nearly impossible even with the pith helmet or nauseating with the bat cowl if you decide you want to see, and since humid is so early you get 11 days to explore and prep for humid and lush soon aporkcalypse or you can get a house and camp there for both the season since that's the easiest since everything you need to survive is in the pig villages.

if you feel like playing the game heres what you do step 1 get a pith helmet or bat cowl step 2 body armor you have to lose the backpack or you will die because you need armor step 3 be attacked by bats, and roc either dying or losing almost all of your health while being teleported to the roc island. because trying to progress before Autu.. I mean Temperate is a horrible idea because for some reason everything happens on humid heres a list of everything that could and will go wrong 

1 ran out of food because wild food doesn't exist 

2 pith or bat cowl broke 

3 go insane because for some reason not only does fog make you get wet faster than poring or crashing into waves rain water also makes you go insane because why not water = insanity 

4 200 bats attack or roc decides that it wants to attack this random player every 10-20 days that won't get annoying

5 lightning more of a rant on lightning why does lightning target the player so much you can be in the middle of the street with metal streetlamps right next to you and what gets hit? You do and after being mauled by 20 bats will finish you off

6 scorps getting wood because you decided that you don't want to be wet maybe you could get some snake skin from the snakes in the trees of wait a scorp fell from it and it stung you great now you poisoned   

notice how little of these effect staying a house in the village?

anyway now back to things that I just don't like first of all fog why does fog make you slow down so much why does wearing anything makes you slow but a pith hat or bat cowl doesn't? plus the season is just a combination of everything I hate in don't starve being slow requires waiting makes it harder to see having any skill does nothing boring. Anyway I really hate humid season I honestly want it removed from the game there are ways to fix it heres a couple ways

1 make it start on day 20 11 days isn't enough once you start to base you will have to deal with it

2 remove the fog or make it so it doesn't slow you down and pith removes it and lower the wetness or cap it 

3 add a season between it I miss seasons like winter

anyway humid season sucks klei please change it

I don't like the fog filter one bit, having a nuisance and clever ways to solve it is makes don't starve interesting. But making 80% of the screen area white just feels lazy.

3 hours ago, ansuman said:

I don't like the fog filter one bit, having a nuisance and clever ways to solve it is makes don't starve interesting. But making 80% of the screen area white just feels lazy.

and the only way to remove it is a item that half of the time is already hiding 80% screen plus it makes everything blue

13 hours ago, Computer-7 said:

and the only way to remove it is a item that half of the time is already hiding 80% screen plus it makes everything blue

16 hours ago, ansuman said:

Its a new world. If they do what they did before, it'd be the same-old/same-old.

I do feel the fog should go away with the pith hat on maybe.

Archived