The SwineClops

CrimXane

The SwineClops :

Play Style : tanks take aggro while others do damage.
for every special used in Defense mode : [ The SwineClops Gains a Buff to his Shield ] 
and for every special used in Attack Mode : [ The SwineClops will Do a Ground Rage Attack damaging nearby Players/minions ]
for that Reason no special attacks should be used in the exception of ( Lucy - Sword Block - Petrify - Golem - Healing Staff - Darts Barrage )
The SwineClops will Jump inside the Heal Causing an AoE attack to any nearby player/minions if his Target is inside the heal circle but will avoid it if the target is outside.
The SwineClops can be Petrified, not for long but long enough for him to cancel his JumpinHeal AoE attack
In Attack Mode : SwineClops has less shield and more Damage and will jump on the player periodically or if the player is running away
in Defense Mode : SwineClops has more shield and less Damage output
WX-78 is not an Advised tank as he can interrupt the SwineClops sleep with his Shock.
Winona is an Advised tank as she can use the block of the Sword more often.
The Infinite Combo : it can be interrupted but not advised as the SwineClops will Immediately do a Ground Rage Attack causing the nearby players to collapse.
Strategy Winona and Woodie Tank : Winona Starts off with taking it's aggro and keeping it while others do damage.
when the heal is ready it is placed away from the SwineClops for Winona to Heal while Woodie Takes the aggro and runs the SwineClops around while Winona heals
Repeat.
once he start doing his Infinite Combo.
you can,
1- keep doing damage [ no specials ] until Winona dies and Woodie takes aggro while Wilson revives Winona.
2- use all special attacks as soon as possible and letting him Ground Rage Attack possibly Killing Winona.
Repeat either until he dies.
[ NOTE : The Petrifying Book ""MIGHT"" stop the combo and will be tested and the post will be updated if that is the case ]

-CRimXane

I was under the impression using specials in guard mode breaks him out of guard mode significantly faster.

Wolfgang is also a good tank, since he's got 200hp like Winona and mighty's def boost will help keep him alive. They're both pretty solid choices.

Interrupting the infinite combo is generally a good idea because the ONLY person nearby the Swineclops should be the person currently tanking him, and the infinite combo is a guaranteed kill if not cancelled, so there's nothing to lose. This should be the ONLY time molten dart special is used in Offense Mode.

Pretty sure petrification stops the combo, but more importantly, petrifying him while you cast the heal (requires a book user who is NOT the healer) will consistently and instantly put him to sleep if timed correctly. I had a team once that died exactly Zero Times during Swineclops and finished the fight very quickly because they were good at stone-sleeping him.

I also think that ideally the user of the Blacksmith's Edge should have the Steadfast Grand Armor + Blossomed Wreath since they should be the ones doing the majority of the tanking and the 10% CDR from that hat will increase block rates.  Switching off then with Woodie (or a different secondary tank) wearing the Steadfast Stone Armor and Flower Headband for when health is getting critically low to hold him off for a heal cycle while the main tank recovers.

I've been in a lot of groups where the mind set of continuing to have Woodie with Lucy and the higher tier tank armor carries into that last boss and I think the encounter then becomes a little harder and longer than necessary, with more tank deaths.

3 hours ago, Balzack said:

I also think that ideally the user of the Blacksmith's Edge should have the Steadfast Grand Armor + Blossomed Wreath since they should be the ones doing the majority of the tanking and the 10% CDR from that hat will increase block rates.  Switching off then with Woodie (or a different secondary tank) wearing the Steadfast Stone Armor and Flower Headband for when health is getting critically low to hold him off for a heal cycle while the main tank recovers.

I've been in a lot of groups where the mind set of continuing to have Woodie with Lucy and the higher tier tank armor carries into that last boss and I think the encounter then becomes a little harder and longer than necessary, with more tank deaths.

it should be for the woodie since he gonna run the swineclops while winona heals and he wont have enough time to heal up
Also, if your healer is good, and you take your armor while healing.
you will top your health in no time 

11 hours ago, Tumalu said:

I was under the impression using specials in guard mode breaks him out of guard mode significantly faster.

Wolfgang is also a good tank, since he's got 200hp like Winona and mighty's def boost will help keep him alive. They're both pretty solid choices.

Interrupting the infinite combo is generally a good idea because the ONLY person nearby the Swineclops should be the person currently tanking him, and the infinite combo is a guaranteed kill if not cancelled, so there's nothing to lose. This should be the ONLY time molten dart special is used in Offense Mode.

Pretty sure petrification stops the combo, but more importantly, petrifying him while you cast the heal (requires a book user who is NOT the healer) will consistently and instantly put him to sleep if timed correctly. I had a team once that died exactly Zero Times during Swineclops and finished the fight very quickly because they were good at stone-sleeping him.

you are right but, WolfGang's ability doesn't like really helps since if he gets in that state. he is basically dead
winona can just keep blocking
woodie can also help with that by taking a temp. aggro for the recovery of winona block

Archived