Your usual random art thread

Hello there, I'm UsualRandomArtist (despite what it says) and I make arts. I've been here for a little while but didn't really do much. Hopefully, I can be more active since I really enjoy Don't Starve. Some of my earlier works include:

5bf3762a17909_SimpleWilbur.thumb.png.5371491218388ecab291153c9f1f4ea6.png

This simple Wilbur from 2017 and...that's it. Well, not really but it's the only piece I still like. After making this I didn't really do much until the past week when I finished making this:

5bf3770b741fe_Youknowhehadtodoitem.thumb.png.6abf9543b4f4a8b74fda9cbf2c9be671.png

It was the first time in a while since I've really had fun making something and I want to see if I can keep that up. Although for now, I'll probably only really be able to post doodles often and completed works like this will take longer than I like. I want to be able to share my love for this with others and this thread seems to be the place.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

Nice picture of Wilbur, he doesn't get enough attention.

I like the details on your picture with Wilson! He looks like he's just having a casual day somehow, ended up in the forge and has no idea what's behind him....
Which somewhat reflects the ongoing theme/state for all of the constant/don't starve. 

7 hours ago, LegoWizard said:

Trying to get back into a DS mood

A WX.png

I like this portrait of WX-78, especially the expression. Instead of angry or prideful, this actually looks more like the expression he makes in-game. Somewhat blank and wide-eye'd. He looks kind of innocent in-game and here as well... Which is ironic considering that, he kinda isn't. 

16 hours ago, minespatch said:

The yellow in the electricity symbol looks kind of green. Your drawing would probably be better if it had shading but it's a nice bust of WX. What made you want to do WX today?

Sorry for the late reply, I'm still trying to be more active here. I originally did this at around midnight and planned to do shading but I decided against it since it was more or less just a "refined" doodle. I also usually just draw WX whenever trying to draw DS stuff since I have his design memorized and don't require a reference.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, minespatch said:

What inspired you to draw Wilbur among the group?

Wilbur is one of my favorite characters in DS since I really like monkeys so I thought why not? I also decided on a more "realistic" design since most monkey designs are more based on chimps rather than actual monkeys

Edited by LegoWizard
  • Like 1

On 7/22/2019 at 11:20 AM, minespatch said:

Did you try using a paint program to alter the paper or is the smudging a effect of the paper and eraser? It looks nice, just curious.

It's the effect of paper and eraser going through phone image editing. Kinda surprising what it can achieve

It be science time. Also, consistency is hard5d37a62206d31_Sketch1_42.thumb.jpg.e4215fb19715750c55e04ee438c59e97.jpg

why is it combining my posts?

Edited by LegoWizard
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, minespatch said:

Due to how light the blue was, I had to tilt my laptop cover forward. Nice studies though.

So Wx is your second favorite character?

Thanks and WX is actually number one, sharing that spot with Wilbur and Wicker since I can't really choose between them

• Like 1