Jobs QoL enhancements

Jobs menu has to be opened quite often to optimize dupe jobs. Here are some easy to implement ways to make it nicer:

• List all dupes with 100% in their current job in a separate pseudo-job, similar to how unemployed dupes are. At the moment the fastest way to assign dupes is to de-assign all with 100%, then assign them from "unemployed". This would skip the first step, which also includes finding the dupes with 100%.
  • Sort jobs for a dupe by a category: unmastered jobs with tier equal to current highest tier, unmastered jobs with tier below current, unmastered jobs with tier higher than current, mastered jobs. Within those categories, sort by preferred job and skill. For example, a Rancher (tier 4) would have sort order like Farmer, Scientist, Miner, Architect, Seasoned Rancher. This is because the optimal way to assign dupes is to fill all tiers up to current and there is no reason to assign dupe to a mastered job.
  • List the expected time to master a current job at current learning stat. Assuming the dupe doesn't do anything towards the job, just wears the hat. This would really help with planning the job path for the astronaut, which requires one dupe to have much higher morale requirements than the rest.

Instead of making a new topic I figured it would be better to amend on to this existing one.

When assigning jobs to over 20+ duplicants it becomes a huge chore to click, scroll, click to assign a dupe to the next job position.

Instead it would be much easier if the player could Drag & Drop that dupe name to the next / or other allowed job position.

Another suggestion would be to have an auto-advance forward button that moves the 100% dupes to the next job position automatically if one is open.

As a side improvement to this screen,  it would be nice to see an indicator or hover information as to which time shift each dupe is currently assigned with so when considering the dupe's next job, it will be easier to know if a dupe has been assigned to a night or day time slot.

On 11/14/2018 at 2:23 AM, Coolthulhu said:

Jobs menu has to be opened quite often to optimize dupe jobs. Here are some easy to implement ways to make it nicer:

1. List all dupes with 100% in their current job in a separate pseudo-job
  2. Sort jobs for a dupe by ... tier
  3. List the expected time to master a current job at current learning stat

1) I like this idea. I picture a "Bored" row at the very top of the job screen. If they are unemployed or have finished a job (100%), then they become bored and want to take on a new job. Of course, players may want to see what job the duplicant just finished instead of them being moved to this location after mastery.

Currently

Spoiler

1_original.thumb.png.af21b90f9f57be579d42e7735ead6e60.png

Suggested "Bored" row (above dashed line)

Spoiler

1_bored.thumb.png.d853fb325228e4df2077b2dbb3f670a2.png

2) Nice idea. The question is: how do you know where equal/higher/lower tier categories start/end? See my related post for screenshots:
https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/100894-jobs-qol-tier-identification/

3) Hmm, I never considered the time it takes to master a job. For me promoting a duplicant to a higher tier job is very secondary (ie, is very much throttled by my slow progress in the game). But still a good idea. ONI is a little divided between simply showing a progress bar (building, manufacturing) and showing a time (printing pod, geysers).

Archived