Things and Graves

Alright, I'm not sure if their are plans for the Things that are used to create the exit in adventure mode but playing it I feel like they should be buried. In addition it feels like the grave items, while useful for getting OP amounts of gold if you have a pig king, is pretty outdated and should honestly be removed in favor of more useful items.

1) Gold- Whoever died would have gold on them. It kind of removes the middle man, said man being a pig I guess.

2) Bone Meal- Another fertilizer item.

3) Craftables- By this I mean you might dig up a half broken shovel, if you hadn't prototyped a shovel then you would get access to the ability to make one when you dug it up. This could be applied to everything you can make.

4) Rot.

5) Pig Skins - Maybe a pig was buried there?

6) All the Things.

Sanity, I think even being around graves should make sanity drop. Ghost should do more damage to your sanity than anything.

This would bring grave robbing to a more reasonable level and make it more current with the way the game currently works. I think there is just too many graves and the Pig King gives way too much gold for it as is.

3) Craftables- By this I mean you might dig up a half broken shovel, if you hadn't prototyped a shovel then you would get access to the ability to make one when you dug it up. This could be applied to everything you can make.

I just wanted to point this one out.. What are you gonna dig up the grave with if you don't have a shovel? :-D

Alright, I'm not sure if their are plans for the Things that are used to create the exit in adventure mode but playing it I feel like they should be buried. In addition it feels like the grave items, while useful for getting OP amounts of gold if you have a pig king, is pretty outdated and should honestly be removed in favor of more useful items.

1) Gold- Whoever died would have gold on them. It kind of removes the middle man, said man being a pig I guess.

2) Bone Meal- Another fertilizer item.

4) Rot.

5) Pig Skins - Maybe a pig was buried there?

6) All the Things.

Sanity, I think even being around graves should make sanity drop. Ghost should do more damage to your sanity than anything.

This would bring grave robbing to a more reasonable level and make it more current with the way the game currently works. I think there is just too many graves and the Pig King gives way too much gold for it as is.

1- I prefer to give the things to the pig king and get lots of gold rather than dig up 1 piece of gold.

2- plenty of poop for everyone, no other fertilizer needed

3- that would be interesting but not very useful if it was only a random chance of getting it

4- not sure what the point of that would be

5- doesn't skin decompose when it's buried?

6- I agree.

I support [MENTION=10705]GracefulCure[/MENTION] idea, if we exclude the part where he suggests to remove the trade-able items :p+1

Something like a bone meal would be absolutely amazing, as well as gold dropping from graves. It just adds additional content to the game, the way it is and really does not hurt balance (we have Rot already, nothing can hurt balance more than Rot, lol).

I, myself, use these trade-able items for decorative purposes around my base. That's right, I love myself some Lying Robot.

I like the grave items for being so disconnected from this world of simple resources. I'm not really digging the idea of putting gold or pig skin into graves. They hate their own sources that are more reliable than the random chance. I'd much rather see more odd items in graves (I keep most of these items to put around my base to pretty the place up).But on topic: I don't think adding more ordinary (so to speak) items in graves is improving them. I sort of like the idea of prototypes being in graves, but that's about it.