How To Make Gold Tools Now?

I can;t tell how much research it takes to unlock them!

This happened to me with some hats and the Science Machine. Apparently you have to first gather all the resources needed to build the thing, then stand near the Science Machine for it to tell you how many points you need to unlock it.

It feels weird, I'm not completely convinced of this new way. PRO: Less clutter in the build menus. CON: Not very intuitive, but perhaps I'm biased by the old way. A new player that didn't know the old way perhaps finds it normal.

Ok, it was like a bug/glitch.

The gold pickaxe was red, and locked, and it had a caption that i needed an alchemy machine, even when I was right next to one. But then I clicked it, and it took 500 points and unlocked. So, I guess it just didn't show that I had the option.

• Developer
This happened to me with some hats and the Science Machine. Apparently you have to first gather all the resources needed to build the thing, then stand near the Science Machine for it to tell you how many points you need to unlock it.

It feels weird, I'm not completely convinced of this new way. PRO: Less clutter in the build menus. CON: Not very intuitive, but perhaps I'm biased by the old way. A new player that didn't know the old way perhaps finds it normal.

You've hit it on the head here. From our internal testing, completely new users were overwhealmed by choice when they were starting out. Lots of people were building items from the refine menu on day one, which is usually a deathtrap.

So the idea was to provide a non-intrusive ramp-up of options as you play. It's definitely still a work in progress though. I'm not completely convinced of the whole research point thing yet, TBH.

• Developer
Ok, it was like a bug/glitch.

The gold pickaxe was red, and locked, and it had a caption that i needed an alchemy machine, even when I was right next to one. But then I clicked it, and it took 500 points and unlocked. So, I guess it just didn't show that I had the option.

Was the machine animating?

[...] completely new users were overwhealmed by choice when they were starting out.

Off course, I didn't take that into account. When I started playing we didn't have half the cool things we can build now. I see how new user can easily get overwhelmed.

Was the machine animating?

This is still kinda buggy, isn't it? I noticed a couple of times how the science machine kept on rolling even when I walked away. I'll pay more attention to this.

[...] and then sometimes the alchemy machine never animates.

I think I figured out why they don't animate sometimes. Do you have both the Science and Alchemy machines built nearby?

I have them side by side, and, when I approach, only the "nearest" to me animates. The other one stays still.

I'm still trying to reproduce when they get stuck on "animation mode", any clues?

Figured it out.

It's when you approach them and, say, the alchemy animates but the science doesn't. Then, you use the science machine. While "researching" it get's animated, and when you walk away it stays animated.

This has probably something to do with FuXacktastic 's bug.

Edited by Excess
HES EVERYWHERE!

Figured it out.

It's when you approach them and, say, the alchemy animates but the science doesn't. Then, you use the science machine. While "researching" it get's animated, and when you walk away it stays animated.

This has probably something to do with FuXacktastic 's bug.

Hahaha, I love your reason for edit. =D