The power of random

I have recently started playing the game and I love it thus far. What I love most of it, is the fact that you can make a new world and that it is randomly generated. Randomly generated content keeps the game fresh for a very long time and is the reason I spent over a 100 hours in games like The Binding of Isaac (amazing game btw). So since this is the suggestions corner I thought I would throw a few ideas around on how the random aspect might be further increased.

1: Seasons

Seasons could mean a lot for this game, your farms dont work in the winter, certain vegetables and fruits are only available in certain seasons. You can also introduce season specific events and monsters. Maybe when easter hits we can go after the easter bunny for example and collect some hidden eggs.

2: Legendary monsters

There are currently several kinds of monsters in the game, but why not add several legendary ones that require specific items to take down? A big nasty dragon or hydra requiring a special kind of clothing or weapon would be an awesome way to spent time and resources. Also why not make only one or two out of several legendary monsters available per world so that you wont see all of them in every world. That way you have a reason to make a new world when you have run one dry for all it has to offer.

3: The story of a new world

Currently you get dropped of into a new world to explore and you dont get to know much about it. Why not add randomly generated scrolls with parts of a bigger story. It might be fun to have a seperate part in the menu were you can read the scrolls that you have found. That way you can collect the story scroll by scroll and every world might hold more information to collect for further clues.

4: Weather

My last idea has to do with the weather. A dynamic weather system could have major influences on the game. It can get foggy making it hard to see and dangerous. There can be thunderstorms (very nice for at night) that can pose a threat for your crops. It might even be fun to tie it in with the monsters/animals and make it so that specific monsters/animals only come out when certain weather conditions are met.

Well those are my ideas for now, hopefully I dont come across as a loonatic too much:p

Seasons have been suggested, but I think they're a fantastic idea. Maybe if enough of us post a thread with this suggestion, we'll get it :D Legendary monsters sounds cool. When you say legendary do you mean unique? I think I've read that the devs have every intention of telling some kind of story at some point; it is a beta after all.

Weather. I like this idea so much I can't believe I didn't think of it first. Especially the storms. Can you imagine huddling by the fire at night and with every flash of lightning - only for a moment, mind you - all the horrors of Cell's mind are visible around you? *chills*

Seasons have been suggested, but I think they're a fantastic idea. Maybe if enough of us post a thread with this suggestion, we'll get it :D Legendary monsters sounds cool. When you say legendary do you mean unique? I think I've read that the devs have every intention of telling some kind of story at some point; it is a beta after all.

Weather. I like this idea so much I can't believe I didn't think of it first. Especially the storms. Can you imagine huddling by the fire at night and with every flash of lightning - only for a moment, mind you - all the horrors of Cell's mind are visible around you? *chills*

When I mean legendary I indeed mean unique. That way you can get a unique reward when you manage do defeat one and that makes it worth the time to prepare for the fight. Also imagine winter having snowstorms, making growing crops impossible and forcing you to hunt to make it to spring. Then in spring you can finally grow your crops again. Seasons and the combination of weather could require making supplies and seeing the relative ease of making chests that should be doable.

Yes, with legendary monsters I mean unique monsters posing a big challenge to take down and offering a unique reward. That way it is worth the time it takes to prepare for the fight. The combinations of weather and seasons could change a lot. Imagine snowstorms in the winter that makes growing crops impossible and forces you to go out and hunt to survive until spring. Ofcourse you can also make supplies of food for later seasons by using several chests.

hmm.. The addition of seasons and weather would be awesome. And, as previously mentioned, storms would be a refreshing change of pace, especially if they would be a problem to survive [if there would be floods, cold or just a point in game when a ton of monsters start raiding your camp]. Basically, when you set your camp fire, a few chests, make a farm, you are safe and can live for years.. adding some EVENTS [such as storms, for example] that are difficult to survive would be nice. At least that's my opinion.