Very big and unlikely to happen suggestion

Hamlet introduced A LOT OF new content. Facial expresions, more diverse fighting mechanic, indoors and dugeons, trading system.

I think that Klei should update other dlcs with similar content. For example ruins. Creating ruined houses, churches, hidden rooms. That would not only possibly expand the lore (because portraits or different statues) but would also make ruins feel... more alive. Because right now it's like "statue, statue, clockwork pile, relics, nightmare light, statue... If this civilization was really that advanced then why didn't they have any houses?

More enemies from other dlcs should have better fighting mechanics.

Not really anything from Hamlet but I just wanted to remind that sw still doesn't have underwater world 

I agree with the caves in SW part, but introducing ruined ruined churches and houses and dungeons just diminishes the unique feel of vanilla don't starve.

In vanilla don't starve, or RoG/SW you're supposed to feel like you're stranded in a desolate and hostile world, not a post-apocalyptic one. The Ruins are supposed to be a secret revelation to the player, but houses would simply make the ancients more human, which would diminish the mystery surrounding them them. 

The trading mechanic should stay exclusive to hamlet, since we already have a trading mechanic in all the other worlds, with the toys. Having a money based trading mechanic in SW,RoG and vanilla would make the game much easier by allowing you to buy items and resources rather than farming them without the monsters and dungeons of hamlet to balance that. 

I think colonizing the worlds after getting your hands on a sky-worthy and the city planning tab is a better thing. 

On 11.11.2018 at 1:44 PM, mr.Hazard said:

In vanilla don't starve, or RoG/SW you're supposed to feel like you're stranded in a desolate and hostile world, not a post-apocalyptic one. The Ruins are supposed to be a secret revelation to the player, but houses would simply make the ancients more human, which would diminish the mystery surrounding them

Sorry for the necro but I disagree

In dst characters quote that ruins used to be an advanced city. Cities usually have houses in them.

And if you don't like the idea of buildings in ruins then how about just transfering door mechanics to other dlc? Like a narrow crack in the wall that you have to click like door in order to go on the other side.

ROG Ruin's have been in need of an update since....5 years ago or something and right now Ruins are being updated thru DST which according to storyline of DS as whole is the primary location where most of the stuff has happened and will happen later on.

so Hopefully we might get some insight thru Hamlet to the Ruins of ROG.

Also you will be surprised to hear this but one of the Main Devs of DS (the First people who made the game and its mechanics) HATED any form of Trading and Shopping in a game and never wanted to have it in DS in any manner (Pig King was only exception) and now we have Shopping and Trading based DLC called Hamlet.

Also DS Devs did not want an Multiplayer game either and already told the public in advance because it was a very very hard task to do so.

DST exist now.

So over all YES this Suggestion will likely come true.

Eh, I wouldn't bet on it. Klei's focus definitely seems to be on DST as they haven't backported nearly any of the updates of DST to DS. It's unfortunate, but I'd see it as pretty heavily unlikely that we ever get major updates like this to the base game or old DLCs.

If anything, it would just be a monetary issue to go back and update really old stuff. No money to be gained there for what would likely take a lot of work.

Archived