is it possible to make a world that doesn't branch

probably my least favorite thing about dst is that the worlds are always just a series of branches, which makes it take excessively long to reach certain places since nothing connects. it's like a bunch of roads stemming away from eachother instead of an actual island or continent which is generally one big mass. which i realized is how hamlet worlds are generated , it makes travelling a lot faster and the world a lot more natural feeling.

is it possible to make worlds like that in dst where it's mostly just one big island with most of the biomes attached to eachother, instead of them all branching away from eachother or having "rivers" separating them. i think if you turn off the branching option it just makes the game generate a ring. so would it have to be a mod that does it or would that be too complicated for a mod to tweak?

Yes it's the branching option. But setting the Branching to "non" it results in a world with an almost ring shape-like to line-like shape. The land mass like islands in Hamlet is shaped due World gen. It seems it's like chapter 4 in Adventure mode where we have two big islands.

this has been my pet peeve since DS. Any kind of world gen setting just creates boring linear paths, there is only ever a single narrow path to your target biome. Doesn't matter if the world is branched like a star or just a long sausage, it always ends up an acyclic graph of biomes. You really have to hope that RNGesus blesses you with useful worm holes and sink holes to traverse the world.

Archived