Way to slow down or stop bat attacks in the late game

There's a point in don't starve where hound attacks and other such things become less of a threat and more of a waste of time which is why I wish you could disable them or have them appear less by defeating a boss or creating a structure. Something like a blockage the player could create with boards and rope you would go to a cave cleft and put it over the bat hole making bat attacks happen less or decreasing the amount that arrives next attack if you put them over all of the bat holes bat attacks would stop and if you want pig skin? You can remove them and to stop it from being broken make it so they have to repaired every so often. 

2 hours ago, White Wolf said:

I think need something like the Houndius Shootius, that will shoot bats automatically.

My problem isn't that I can't kill them its that it wastes time plus when the dlc is out you can bring them over I'm asking for a way to stop or slow them down

I read a suggestion on the forum a couple weeks ago about the "bat caves"

If you go in the bat caves close to the time the bat would show up, you could kill a few in there instead of during the attack.

That would exchange time to kill em for safety during the attack. Imagine going in the caves, theres 3-4 bats in each cave, if you kill em all, you only get 1-2 bat during the attack instead of the 15+ you get late game. I think that would be awesome.

6 hours ago, Yokoblue said:

If you go in the bat caves close to the time the bat would show up, you could kill a few in there instead of during the attack.

That would exchange time to kill em for safety during the attack. Imagine going in the caves, theres 3-4 bats in each cave, if you kill em all, you only get 1-2 bat during the attack instead of the 15+ you get late game. I think that would be awesome.

I think that's going to be a feature one of the devs in the Klei stream said you could but that would take longer than just killing them on the bat wave my problem with the bat waves and mob invasions in general is they waste a lot of time with no threat at all. Being able to weaken the attacks is a nice feature for players who struggle with them but I don't, I want a way to permanently slow them down instead of going into every cave cleft every 3 days to make the already easy attacks easier

8 hours ago, Yokoblue said:

That wasn't a suggestion that was a feature.

Archived