Evaporation and condensation chambers

Pipes getting damaged from the fluid inside of them evaporating or condensing is irritating, and having to pump the same fluid twice is also annoying. Therefore, I propose the evaporation and condensation chambers. What they do is simple. You pump a fluid into the internal reservoir, and when it changes states it is emitted through a pipe. 

I don't agree. While it'll make life much easier, I'm very against "There's machine for that" type of gameplay. I'm already a bit unhappy with all these kilns and glass forges that just make things out of other things without much effort (and automation possibility). 

The only issue with evaporation I see is that typical liquid tile can hold 1000x more material than gas, so it's either overpressurised gas condensing into little liquid or liquid tile exploding into huge number of gas, but I can live with it.

26 minutes ago, Rainbowdesign said:

https://github.com/javisar/ONI-Modloader/issues/27

hopefully one day someone takes on that challenge

Im no modder or coder...Am I understanding it right that you are pushing for possible "State changes within machines,tanks and pipes" ?

I would love to have that in the game :)

Maybe they are not doing it because of performance issues ? What do you think ?

2 minutes ago, babba said:

Im no modder or coder...Am I understanding it right that you are pushing for possible "State changes within machines,tanks and pipes" ?

I would love to have that in the game :)

Maybe they are not doing it because of performance issues ? What do you think ?

No performance issue simply add some logic to the aqua / gas tuner so they are able to internally convert it and spit it out with a secondary pipe (maybe a tiny little performance loss for the checks but then the pipes are checked too). But there is also the problem i have not seen a building in which something can convert from gas to liquid or have you? I have no idea how to add that logic.

Ah, thanks for explaining. I see your point with a second machinery output.

I mess a lot with hardware since 30 years + I play the game factorio style - So mass producing & mass consuming stuff and/or having hundreds of dupes ( I dont build rooms ). What I have noticed is that running 100 AETN`s, as example, creates big pumping lag spikes. As soon automation is implemented or pipes are laid, even if its just point A to point B connections, with no diversions or anything else, the games calculation effort starts to increase big time.

From personal observation, I have the fear that every added output per machine will increase these lag spikes even more, once players start connecting stuff to inputs/outputs. Nonetheless I of course like the idea of multiple outputs. :p

I like the idea of a building to convert liquids to gas like a kettle type re-boiler which uses one stream of a heating medium counter flowed vs a liquid product to change it to a gas. Used commonly with water to steam, it's just an economical way to use waste heat for a benefit. An issue I've had with the game for a long time is the lack of a specific "pressure" variable. Increasing or decreasing the pressure will increase or decrease the boiling point or condensation point of liquids/gases and while there is a weight variable it has no real effect on phase changes in the game. But back to the topic, I am for a piece of equipment to assist with these tasks. Along with reboilers, equipment for mass cooling would be neat too such as a cold box and with the addition of super coolants, all we would need is a pressure variable and a compressor to make it happen.

Image result for kettle reboiler heat exchanger

Archived