The Steam bonus copy and Chrome.

I brought Dont Starve on steam and got the bonus copy. I have a friend I want to gift it too on mac, and since DS wont run on Mac Steam, is there anyway the game can be used on the Chrome version? I know you can get the steam version from the Chrome, but can you do it the other way round?If this is in the wrong sub forum, sorry but I coulden't figure out wich one and this seemed to be the best.

A reminder to people, if you buy the game on Chrome you can get the chrome plus the steam keys so this sort of thing doesnt happen. Personally I've completely moved to playing on steam and I let my lil brother use my chrome account to play (he destroyed too many of my worlds!)

A reminder to people, if you buy the game on Chrome you can get the chrome plus the steam keys so this sort of thing doesnt happen. Personally I've completely moved to playing on steam and I let my lil brother use my chrome account to play (he destroyed too many of my worlds!)

This is about a Mac, which can't run DS via Steam (for whatever reason, that's just what i heard in the threads).

Considering you can't (realistically) get to your Chrome game saves to backup, you might not want to go there at all (other than a little lunchtime time waster).

Yes but if he bought the game via Chrome he would have gotten the chrome keys. His friend can play DS on chrome. If you just buy the game via steam you dont get the chrome keys.So its Buy chome and get 2 chrome keys + 2 steam keys OR buy steam and just get 2 steam keys. Which seems like a better deal?