Koalefant Update?

So recently I found the mysterious beast the Koalefant. The goal of him is to get his trunk and meat for the special vest to lower insanity I'm pretty sure. Or if their is another reason? please put it in the comments, anyway a lot of people instead of killing it make a pen outta walls and harvest it's poop/manure. But I think it should have a better reason to keep it, like for it to lower insanity or have it harvest another resource. Also when I was playing as Willow when I examined the beast, it said "Will be best friends" and then I got closer and it ran. But I wish for the developers to give it another reason to keep it alive since Chester, pigs, eyebone, birds, (sometimes rabbits), baby beefalo, and smallbirds are all the friendly mobs you can have. I wish for their to be more of these kinds of animals in the game that are friendly, like for you to tame. And are cute and protective to be around. Put suggestions below.

And if you examine the summer vest as Willow she says,"Now we can be friends forever!"

Well now I think willow is evil, even though her fire resistance and night light of fire is probably the best affects on Willow, that's why shes my favorite character even though I haven't unlocked Wolfgang yet. But thanks for the information. Also when you say op I mean like, not to protect you but like not running away if you try to go near it unless you hit them... so you have to like tame it with berries or grass. You see what I mean?

Personally, I think having the smallbird is enough for mobs that you can take with you and protect. As for the summer vest, here's what I think it will become once the next update comes out:We already know that there will be a winter version of the Koalefant because we've seen pictures of the winter vest it makes. We know that winter will have a temperature mechanic and certain clothes can keep you warm for longer, meaning that winter will be very difficult without some protection right when it starts. The summer vest will be the only clothing for warmth that can be crafted before winter begins, and will basically be a weaker version of the winter vest.Right now the summer vest serves the same purpose as the Dapper Vest. Trust me, it'll change in the next update. GUESS WHO'S ALL UP IN YOUR MIND KLEI

We know that winter will have a temperature mechanic and certain clothes can keep you warm for longer, meaning that winter will be very difficult without some protection right when it starts. The summer vest will be the only clothing for warmth

Well, that means their will be another bar a warmth meter? This game keeps getting harder to play, especially after the Insanity - Update.

Well, that means their will be another bar a warmth meter? This game keeps getting harder to play, especially after the Insanity - Update.

No one knows for sure if it's a meter or something else. But my money is on a meter. And it's great that this game keeps getting harder. No matter how far I am in the game, I want to feel "weak".

No one knows for sure if it's a meter or something else. But my money is on a meter. And it's great that this game keeps getting harder. No matter how far I am in the game, I want to feel "weak".

Well me too but think of the people that can't survive. My friend who got me the game because he got 2 copys and he sucked at surviving, he stopped playing it because he couldn't get past day 2 and that he said "I got a bad world 3 times" so... after that I played it and got to love it. I'm on day 34 right now. So I was wondering about the difficulty feature, and yeah I know why they added Wes for hardcore mode but still. It's a tough game for some.