The blunderbuss misses, but doesn't really miss (UPDATE: never mind XD )

I took some screenshots while firing the blunderbuss, and to my surprise, it seems that the animation for it firing makes it shoot down into the ground, apparently deliberately missing the intended target. And yet the target takes damage anyway. Maybe it's just the sound of the explosion that's supposed to be hurting them? And where did that bullet come from, anyway? I only ever put straight gunpowder in there. XD

I don't know how to capture video, or I would examine the animation frame by frame to see exactly what that bullet is doing. I just mashed the screencap button to see what I could see. And I ran out of gunpowder in my game, so I can't fire it anymore anyway. ^o^;>

Has anyone made a video of the blunderbuss being fired to help solve the mystery of the bullet that both misses and doesn't miss? (Please note: I'm not serious about worrying about it "missing" just I find it amusing how it's animated and want to get a better look)

Maybe it bounced off, and I just blinked and missed it?

20181024204051_2.jpg

Then perhaps that object in the screenshot that looks like a big, round bullet isn't actually what I think it is. ^o^;>

EDIT: Went to the trouble of making more gunpowder and watching carefully while firing the blunderbuss, and my suspicion now is that you just aim kind of low. There is definitely a ball-shaped projectile, and it does strike the target, just low down on it. So, no mystery at all, just it was a difficult phenomenon to be able to witness, since the gunpowder process is kind of long and drawn out, and nitre is so rare in Hamlet.

Archived