[Spoilers] Mega Feedback Round

So, the Beta has been out for a while and all of that. So it'd be a good time to give a mega feedback round!
I will be rating everything that has been added or datamined and probably will be coming to the game.
If you are too lazy to read everything there will be a TL;DR. Let's Start.

--------------[TL;DR]--------------
Characters: -
Enviroment: +
Pig City: +
Bosses: ++
---------------------------------------

--------------[Characters]--------------

Warbucks
neZSyDc.png
The Gentleman Hunter
*Is an explorer
*Loves his fortune
*Picky eater

Design: -
Perks: -

Warbucks, a new character unlocked through XP, let's just say what everyone else has said so far; His Skin looks weird and he doesn't match his title.
Warbucks is supposed to be a Gentleman Hunter, has a Rifle on his Portrait, yet plays more like an explorer. Is there a reason for that? His Perks don't really match his Title, he seems more like a Gentleman Explorer at this point. And yes, the skin kinda pulls him further away from the DS Cast. It'd not hurt him if the skin went a bit more dull. I know he's supposed to look like the explorers/hunters from early 90s cartoons, yet that sadly doesn't match the game all too much.
Other than that Im a bit disturbed by the fact that wilsons' assets were used during the making of this guy, but fine.
I'd like to see his perks or title revisited depending on which direction you really want to move him. And just dull the skin a bit - not too much, not too little and maybe fluff his hair a bit up. the portrait shows that its kinda wavey and more unkept.

Wilba
Wyysqo1.png
The Royal Adventurer
*Is a pig
*Is royalty
*Is afraid of the dark

Design: +
Perks: +-

Wilba, a datamined upcoming character, seems ok. She's a princess from the looks of it and has some pretty funny quotes. The Perks seem a bit bland tho, don't you think? being a pig and royalty sounds interesting but other than that she seems to not be all that special. I had seen her assets and besides the super thin lines that I hope will not look like that when the DLC is out I only have to complain about her dress. The magenta purple color is a bit too strong and kinda hurt my eyes, other than that she seems like a cool addition to the rooster.

General
Im unsure what to say here to be honest. The characters seem to add some new mechanics but other than that it's semi reused. we already have a few picky characters and being afraid of the dark ain't new, too, but I know its hard to come up with some special perks for characters that make them unique and fun.

For Warbucks I'd redo the perks, he'd start with the Blunderbuss he has on the portrait but it'd be a specail blunderbuss. The blunderbuss would start out with 3 shots and wouldn't be refillable, instead every day begin 1 shot regens (max. 3). I'd make him gain sanity from using his trusty blunderbuss on a killing strike. this'd make him focused around shooting more, thus I'd also make darts and other non magical ranged weapons give him sanity, but way less than with a blunderbuss. I'd keep the perk of being a picky eater, yet I'd change the name perhabs to "*likes his dishes well made" because it just sounds like a copy of ex. wicker. And I'd definietly buff the sanity drain from non cookpot dishes since they are quite easily accessible in Hamlet.

For Wilba, even if she's unreleased, I'd definietly merge the perk pig and royalty together. and instead add a new perk "*Has a sweettooth" meaning she gains more stats from sweet stuff, since she's a child. Im unsure how the "Is afraid of the dark" perk will play out, but try to make it a bit more unique than Wolfgangs, ok?

--------------[Enviroment]--------------
Biomes

I must say I fell in love with the biomes immidiently, I love that you get that small leaf overlay on top when you enter the jungle, the poisonous jungle fog/smoke it's amazing! The only thing that keeps the Design from being a ++ is the Water Pond/River Biome. I must say there is really no reason for it besides aestehtics of a jungle. And they are so small that it's really pointless to make a boat just for them. Im unsure what to add to make it better, maybe make the koi fish that king fisher's drop have their shoals there? It's kinda crappy that there's no other way to get fish. Other than that I have 1 more comment that must be made.
UHRDbMh.png
This. This has been bothering me for a while, the Lines of Aloe and Radish seem to be huge for some reason and the method of resizing is very visible on it. please do something about it.

Mobs
Design: ++

I love 'em all. Can't say more than that. Dangerous Poison Frogs, Thunder Owls, Flytraps that have this Evolution inspired function from the Together version of the game, it's all awesome. The only thing that bothers me personally are the Hanging Vine copy cats that disguise themself just as a vine xD They're really annoying.

Dungeons

In case you have no idea what "dungeons" are, I mean the Room mechanic by it, since it seems to be inspired by the style of random dungeon generator games. It's super fun to run around there and get some sweet loot and dodge some of the deadly traps and inhabiting mobs. The only thing that kinda bothers me is; Abigail. She seems to trigger pressure plates somehow, even when she's a flying ghost.

Seasons

Just plain love them. They provide new challange and fit quite well with the theme of a floating island. In case you don't know the Temperate, Humid and Lush season are what we are dealing with here and their mechanics are interesting and annoying! The Temperate season provides no challange, being our typical Autumn starter season,
The Humid season makes it rain, literally. and as an addition to that makes a fog around your character. If you have played Together and experienced the Sandstorm its similar to that. There are obvious ways to counter it, mainly the Pith Hat.
After that season we've got the Lush Season. During this season the Rainforest Trees start to bloom and spread their pollen around everywhere. Guess what, all characters are allergic against that and will get a sneeze attack! This drains your sanity by 5 for each sneeze and has a chance to drop your inventory items. It's super annoying but obviously there are counters to that, like the Gas Mask or Nettles.
Overall it's amazing to be honest, although I'd nerf the sanity drain by a tiny bit on the Sneezes.
The mysterious Aporkalypse which is an overlay season (aka is taking place during another season without obstructing it) seems also like a blast to have fun with. Endless night with a lot of bats. Seems like an amazing challenge for those that think it's too easy to live in the place of Hamlet.

--------------[Pig City]--------------

Shops

With a bit of the pig's currency, oincs (great acronym), you can buy anything you wish, there are a lot of stores and even more in another village, wink wink.
It's amazing but makes the game quite easy especially that getting money is simple, bringing me to the next point;

Economy
Design: +-

It's so super easy to gain money and buy anything you want. Clipping Hedges gives you 2 clippings, each clipping is an oinc, now thing about this, the hedge mazes seem to grow to full every ~5-7 days which is a bit over powered. Then there's a loop hole in the economy, the Groccery Shop sells berries for 1 oinc, the guy in a green coat gives you 6 oincs for 1 berry. In a nutshell you win, a lot. Other than that, you have a place where you can buy healing and sanity items, a place where you can buy general stuff, cookpot dishes and gardening stuffs. Well at least in City 1, City 2 sells hats, weapons, magical stuffs and oddities. Speaking of which, most oddities are pointless. Sorry to say but giving us Boss loot without the recipe to use it is kinda useless. Same with the Mac Tusk Tusk.

Security
Design: -

The Pig Guards need an AI update. Sorry to push it out, but you can do a lot of bad things that the Pig Guards won't care about. Example, Pig Guards on the outskirts of the City guard some flowers/berry bushes/grass etc. basically some basic stuff, if you attempt to harvest anything, pick up anything etc. But if you take a shovel and dig it up, they won't care. Or even if you do that, drop a ten piece oinc and it'll all be forogtten. I see this as kinda some corrupt action. Even if you Murder a Pig in the Village, pfft, just pay the guards off with 10 oincs and all is forgotten. And then when a Pig-Pocket comes around and slaps you, dropping all the coins, the guards instead of being nice and give you the money back, steal it. It seems that the pig guards care about money way too much.

Player Housing
Design: +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Can't argue here, I LOVE and I say it proudly LOVE the fact that you can have your own house and decorate it however you want it. It was the best thing in the DLC I experienced so far.

--------------[Bosses]--------------

Pugalisk
pXNleGX.png

Pug + Basilisk

I must say when I first enountered the Pugalisk Snake I didn't know his scales made him invulnernable, I thought I was shredding his scales off when attacking, but after that I finally noticed my mistake. The Gaze attack is amazing, just could use a proper petrification effect instead of freezing. And just the way he was made, GOD  it's AMAZING, His body is made out of seperate entities working together making him feel like a REAL snake. I love it, and it was amazing in general to see him. The Rewards aren't bad either! You get Snake Bones that give you access to some simple but good soup and a Water Droplet from his fountain, through which you get access to this little fella!
c4d4s5K.png
This little flower is your only "touch stone" in the game, there are no others. (Btw can we appreceite that its' a narcisstic narcissus flower?)
It also regens your sanity by a lot when standing nearby by draning your hunger. pretty amazing!

Womant Queen
wy8iVPQ.png
Woman + Ant + Queen

After you walk around Mant Hills for a while, you might enounter her room, she's basically a DPS race boss armed with a Stun. Pretty simple and straight forward! She's a fun boss to fight against and she gives you a final boss vibe since you walk around Dungeon Rooms till you find her
Her Loot ain't bad and all but can get stuck in the Stalgmite Throne. It can be mined but the Hitbox is a bit messed up.
For beating her you get her crown and can be the queen now. (Or give it to the Pig Queen)
pDApDsm.png

Roc
vYLYO4S.png
???

It's been Data Mined and has multiple segments, seems to be the giant bird on the end of the trailer. Exceeds the size, by a lot. He seems to be an floating island with this big bird inside.
Not much is known about this guy, but he seems like a challenge, a big challenge!

Ancient Herald
KeuykGs.png
Possibly an Ancient, Lore!

Seems like a WIP, but might be related to the Aporkalypse, looks ok I personally love the lil Cape but I will wait to see the finished product.

Overall the DLC is fun and defo worth picking up! Super fun.

Very nice wrap up. Just one, not very important, thing concerning Wilba: the magenta dress is supposed to signify her royalty status, since it was a very expensive color dye to make and obtain, so much so that almost only kings and queens used clothes dyed in that color. It could still be dulled out a bit though.

Archived