WX78 is fun

Heeeey everyone i just wanted to ask you: 
is it too hard for you to get all materials till dawn?
or maybe you just cant find a way to get any lights in caves?
or are you too slow to escape from deadly piko's?!
FEAR NO MORE!
becouse if you struggled enougth to unlock WX in hamlet you can now become GOD(not rly)
At this time WX can still charge up after lightning strikes so just run to the place with a lot of electric owls and hug them all !
Now you can outrun any enemy with ez and you have allmost infinite light sourse(just refresh it sometimes)
But there is still a problem gears are still rare and hark to get but WORRY NOT becouse if you didn't get any you can always blame the beta.)
All in all if you are struggling with hamlet you should try WX he might look scary with 100 hp and allmost no gears, but you will have bonus speed and infinite light soure until you die ;D

P.S:sorry for grammar mistakes

Gnat swarms are attracted to light. Overcharged WX-78 is light. Gnat swarms are attracted to WX-78.

They will not leave him alone until they are killed. If you're hoping to play WX-78 like that, you should have a poison gas jungle nearby (or a Bug B'Gone at hand).

6 hours ago, Electroely said:

Gnat swarms are attracted to light. Overcharged WX-78 is light. Gnat swarms are attracted to WX-78.

Yes they are but there is a catch. you slill run fast so if they didn't attach to you you can easily run away from them. 
And for now there isn't a lot you can get from place where they fly arround.(not that i know about)

33 minutes ago, Foxy_koksy said:

Yes they are but there is a catch. you slill run fast so if they didn't attach to you you can easily run away from them. 
And for now there isn't a lot you can get from place where they fly arround.(not that i know about)

but the swarms literally follow you to the end of the earth and back, so it turns your entire playthrough into dodge the gnats.

37 minutes ago, BionicSandwich said:

but the swarms literally follow you to the end of the earth and back, so it turns your entire playthrough into dodge the gnats.

hmm they didn't follow me for some reason maybe they did catch up with you becouse once they get you they will become some what of a hat witch will follow you no matter what speed you have but its easy to see them comming to you so i didn't have a trouble running away from them. 
And if thet did catch me i just run into the poison forest for a sec so that they die and then a butterfly dies to give me my health back :D

3 hours ago, Foxy_koksy said:

A friend recently mentioned that there's no reason to keep them, so you might as well just mine their dens and kill them off to prevent them from ever existing again. Which is also a good option.

i played wx78 and found a giant iron-biome (what else to call it?)
the electric owls are just too good, they fire 3 lightning strikes and then run away
got overcharged like 30 - 60 times just by running through the biome.
and the gnats didnt even try to follow me.
and low health dont seem to be an issue, just kill guards with fire, and you get 86% log suits for each guard (if you hit them with torch whenever they stop burning)
i did kill pugalisk on day 9 or so, with just 2 log suits and a halberd, wx78 is way too good in hamlet.
but humid season is really annoying, cause all the rain and fog.

21 hours ago, metallichydra said:

but humid season is really annoying, cause all the rain and fog.

Yeee thats the only problem i found as well. I think i just tryed to do some "in cave" stuff in  this season.
like killing that queen boss with some pigs(i bring 4 but they didn't help becouse there was night time and they were just running arround with torches one of them even got stuck in a wall)
but for now butterflys spawn every season so its easy to heal yourself so this fog wasn't such a trouble for me.
Btw i dont think you can protect from it(at least umbrella doesn't help)

You can just pen 5-6 thunderbirds and make them your instant charger. Just get close to them and BAM, 15-18 lightnings to heal you, overload you, and make you completely insane.

It isn't hard to pen them, it can be build and done in 2-3 days.

battery.jpg

1 hour ago, VitorF said:

You can just pen 5-6 thunderbirds and make them your instant charger. Just get close to them and BAM, 15-18 lightnings to heal you, overload you, and make you completely insane.

It isn't hard to pen them, it can be build and done in 2-3 days.

battery.jpg

Do you need ALL these walls? (I never did this pen strategy).

Isn't a single square sufficient?

1 hour ago, Wyulliam said:

Do you need ALL these walls? (I never did this pen strategy).

Isn't a single square sufficient?

It is, but it isn't as safe. The birds may eventually push themselves off the walls, and ordinary birds may drop seeds near them. If the seeds burn, the birds may die. (The seeds may be ignited by lightning)

Edit: btw, this isn't the optimal setup, it's just the one I felt most confortable with

Archived