Thoughts on Warbucks?

On 25/10/2018 at 8:11 AM, Chris1488 said:

I updated my main post to account for the recent updates Warbucks has been getting, plus a few more of my own thoughts (separate from the facts for your ease of reading). 

A new point I also addressed is how Warbucks is a Hamlet-oriented character, just like Walani and Woodlegs. He's useless in RoG/SW because his Treasure Hunting items serve no purpose, there are no oincs in sight, and there's no easy early game way to nab some crock pot food forcing you to suffer with nothing but a raw foods drawback. 

Why ? start a hamlet compatible world. You will have peculiar boulders spawning.

We have lakes, wood legs can use his cannon to kill a lot of mobs in Hamlet, though I wished the lakes to be a bit bigger.

Walani is useful in the humid season as she has good wetness modifier - 1.2x, also a good sanity drain penalty buff.

Characters don't work as good as in their original DLC but no they are not useless. If sanity perk for Warbucks would work for dubloons I would love it personally.

7 hours ago, ansuman said:

Why ? start a hamlet compatible world. You will have peculiar boulders spawning.

We have lakes, wood legs can use his cannon to kill a lot of mobs in Hamlet, though I wished the lakes to be a bit bigger.

Walani is useful in the humid season as she has good wetness modifier - 1.2x, also a good sanity drain penalty buff.

Characters don't work as good as in their original DLC but no they are not useless. If sanity perk for Warbucks would work for dubloons I would love it personally.

Agreed about the dubloons.  Even Walani can surf on the lakes in Hamlet.  My main complaints with Warbucks = no hunting perk and personally I think it's a pain to have to keep building crockpots, but I guess If I carry around a 10-oinc coint that wouldn't be such a problem.  

On 19.10.2018 at 4:12 AM, Chris1488 said:

I'm a bit skeptical about how his main perks are solely sanity management. None of those especially screams explorer or hunter or gentleman to me.

Now after the update he is an explorer - not much a hunter unfortunately...

On 19.10.2018 at 8:04 AM, pedregales said:

He should have his own version of the blunderbuss, or at least start with some rabbit and bird traps.

Exactly!

On 26.10.2018 at 7:30 PM, TheKingDedede said:

I think what might fix Conflict-Money for some people is if his bio was simply changed from "The Gentleman Hunter" to "The Gentleman Explorer". Klei could change his profile pic from him leaning on a Blunderbuss to him using a Magnifying Glass, inspecting a Pig Relic up close and wearing a Pith Hat.

That would work too I guess...

On 26.10.2018 at 7:30 PM, TheKingDedede said:

If not, keep the "Gentleman Hunter" title, remove his starting items and just start the guy off with a Pith Hat and Blunderbuss instead.

and this one also...

My conclusion :

He is surprisingly fun to play, the way he is now. Sanity bonus (coins) is nice addition. Overall he's not great - but certainly he is not terrible either.

I would remove starting magnifying glass (useless in my opinion) and replace it with blunderbuss (preferaly some special version of this weapon).

Archived