Nitpicks, ideas or suggestions.

Alright long time since i've made a topic on this forum sooooooooooo... after playing hamlet for.. idk 2 days. there's a few things that doesn't make sense to me. Now i know this is beta so this or that is prob not finished. but i still want to give my opinion on stuff. 

I'll update it once in a while when i feel like something is a bit weird or missing.

Nr 1. dung beetles: when you dig up their dung piles you loose sanity. Makes sense, what doesn't however is when you make a beetle get hit by a tree, you dig this ball of dung up, you DON'T loose sanity. its still poop Wilson! 

Nr 2. spider monkeys: The fact that we even got this as an actual thing as a suggestion from what, like 2 years ago is amazing. But, they are way too easy to kill. You would think a giant gorilla with spider legs on its back would be more intimidating than.. hit, dodge, hit, dodge, especially the fact that a lot of the creatures in Hamlet has more attacks than only 1. Oh, and its health. Crank that up.

nr 3. Ponds or.. rivers or whatever they are: Now.. i love that we have SW elements into Hamlet, but its prob also the most dull thing about Hamlet rn. There's no reason to go there except reeds and maybe once in a while a sunken object. And you can just walk to the other side of the lake if there's a place you havent' been at yet. Maybe making the ponds rivers instead where you would HAVE to cross em to get to the other side, or something more special. idk, maybe a ruinous water/pond entrance would be cool. Put crocs in there, litteral crocodile crocs. player jumping from lilypad to lilypad, not real actual suggestions. just got these dumb ideas in my head while i'm writing this. Or maybe klei has some tricks up their sleeves and we'll see something interesting in the launch. Its klei. They'll have something.

- nr 4. Oinc oinc!: Oinc coins are wayy too easy to get. A few suggestions (1 for now):  

- Delay the bushes growing, prob the easiest way to get coins when you've gotten a hammer, hammer the balloon down, get a razor. boom. Oincs. This would at least slow it a little bit down at the start of the game and it'll make it just a tiny bit more challenging.

nr. 5 mants... or ments.. idk, those antman things: I love em, prob my fav thing about Hamlet right now. A few things that should be different:

-ment's should attack you or follow you if you get into their nest, i don't see why they wouldn't and they just look at you with their evil eyes.

- warrior ments should be outside or closeby the nest to see that the workers are working or making sure no one's getting in.

nr. 6 thunderbirds: 

getting a lightning strike by a thunderbird even though another creature got close to it and yet it hits ME for some reason. Ouch.

-

What about you? is there more nitpicks or ideas or... suggestions you have in mind the person reading this?

On 10/17/2018 at 11:23 AM, bugsmand said:

nr 3. Ponds or.. rivers or whatever they are: Now.. i love that we have SW elements into Hamlet, but its prob also the most dull thing about Hamlet rn. There's no reason to go there except reeds and maybe once in a while a sunken object. And you can just walk to the other side of the lake if there's a place you havent' been at yet. Maybe making the ponds rivers instead where you would HAVE to cross em to get to the other side, or something more special. idk, maybe a ruinous water/pond entrance would be cool. Put crocs in there, litteral crocodile crocs. player jumping from lilypad to lilypad, not real actual suggestions. just got these dumb ideas in my head while i'm writing this. Or maybe klei has some tricks up their sleeves and we'll see something interesting in the launch. Its klei. They'll have something.

what if you go over a waterfall with a boat you go to a different area 

Archived