No graphics settings and no ultrawide? ["SOLVED"]

t0panka

Am i missing something or there are actually no graphics settings? No resolution? What is "resolution 100%"? 30fps cap? I dont even know if i run this in my proper resolution which is 1440p

5bbfae8dbdd7d_Screenshot2018-10-1121_50_20.thumb.png.57115006eed213aecf52b6d4874eb01e.png

Also i was really surprised and disappointed about no ultrawide support O.o I hope this will change soon

5bbfb0b3dd097_Screenshot2018-10-1121_59_47.thumb.png.f40cdf4bcf29c7f63a0da2341cfeaaa2.png

Otherwise i love this game all over again. IMO the best game Klei ever made!

13 hours ago, t0panka said:

@JoeW i got notification you commented here but its empty. No need to be shy Joe :p

Hah, yeah. I had an answer last night, but I wanted to get some more info. Sorry about that. 

If you have the game in borderless fullscreen it shows a percentage of your desktop resolution that the game is running at. So if you set it to 50% it would be at 50% of your desktop resolution. If you were to change the setting to full screen you would see the regular resolution setting. 

I agree it's a bit confusing and we're looking into showing the resolution at whatever percentages you choose. 

10 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Hah, yeah. I had an answer last night, but I wanted to get some more info. Sorry about that. 

If you have the game in borderless fullscreen it shows a percentage of your desktop resolution that the game is running at. So if you set it to 50% it would be at 50% of your desktop resolution. If you were to change the setting to full screen you would see the regular resolution setting. 

I agree it's a bit confusing and we're looking into showing the resolution at whatever percentages you choose. 

Thanks for answering mr. J. From what i remember there was more graphics settings in original MOTN because at that time i had to dial it down for proper FPS. IDK maybe it was just a resolution but it was definitely different. 

So i saw mentions about 30FPS cap for switch but why is it on Mac version? I guess its not capped on PC?

And about that ultrawide. Is it something you didnt look into yet or you wont support it at all? I am asking because im gonna play whole MOTN twice again for all achievements and if ultrawide support is coming i would rather wait for that! [cant wait to see remastered sand levels!!!]

19 minutes ago, t0panka said:

Thanks for answering mr. J. From what i remember there was more graphics settings in original MOTN because at that time i had to dial it down for proper FPS. IDK maybe it was just a resolution but it was definitely different. 

So i saw mentions about 30FPS cap for switch but why is it on Mac version? I guess its not capped on PC?

And about that ultrawide. Is it something you didnt look into yet or you wont support it at all? I am asking because im gonna play whole MOTN twice again for all achievements and if ultrawide support is coming i would rather wait for that! [cant wait to see remastered sand levels!!!]

It shouldn't be on mac unless you have it set to something that it can't handle very well. I believe if you have the game set to something too high for the machine to handle at a full 60fps, it will have to be bumped down to 30. 

Unfortunately can't support ultrawide without letterboxing - it would have art and gameplay implications that just don't make it possible. 

5 minutes ago, JoeW said:

It shouldn't be on mac unless you have it set to something that it can't handle very well. I believe if you have the game set to something too high for the machine to handle at a full 60fps, it will have to be bumped down to 30. 

Unfortunately can't support ultrawide without letterboxing - it would have art and gameplay implications that just don't make it possible. 

Thanks JoeW for answers. You are right i tried to set lower "resolution" and it run better. But i also tried to kill all open apps and its still around 60 in full resolution

Understandable about ultrawide support thanks man. I can go full into MOTN now ;)

Archived