Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

t0panka

No graphics settings and no ultrawide? ["SOLVED"]

Recommended Posts

t0panka    1,582

Am i missing something or there are actually no graphics settings? No resolution? What is "resolution 100%"? 30fps cap? I dont even know if i run this in my proper resolution which is 1440p

5bbfae8dbdd7d_Screenshot2018-10-1121_50_20.thumb.png.57115006eed213aecf52b6d4874eb01e.png

Also i was really surprised and disappointed about no ultrawide support O.o I hope this will change soon

5bbfb0b3dd097_Screenshot2018-10-1121_59_47.thumb.png.f40cdf4bcf29c7f63a0da2341cfeaaa2.png

 

Otherwise i love this game all over again. IMO the best game Klei ever made!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JoeW    20,981
13 hours ago, t0panka said:

@JoeW i got notification you commented here but its empty. No need to be shy Joe :p

Hah, yeah. I had an answer last night, but I wanted to get some more info. Sorry about that. 

If you have the game in borderless fullscreen it shows a percentage of your desktop resolution that the game is running at. So if you set it to 50% it would be at 50% of your desktop resolution. If you were to change the setting to full screen you would see the regular resolution setting. 

I agree it's a bit confusing and we're looking into showing the resolution at whatever percentages you choose. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
t0panka    1,582
10 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Hah, yeah. I had an answer last night, but I wanted to get some more info. Sorry about that. 

If you have the game in borderless fullscreen it shows a percentage of your desktop resolution that the game is running at. So if you set it to 50% it would be at 50% of your desktop resolution. If you were to change the setting to full screen you would see the regular resolution setting. 

I agree it's a bit confusing and we're looking into showing the resolution at whatever percentages you choose. 

Thanks for answering mr. J. From what i remember there was more graphics settings in original MOTN because at that time i had to dial it down for proper FPS. IDK maybe it was just a resolution but it was definitely different. 

 

So i saw mentions about 30FPS cap for switch but why is it on Mac version? I guess its not capped on PC?

 

And about that ultrawide. Is it something you didnt look into yet or you wont support it at all? I am asking because im gonna play whole MOTN twice again for all achievements and if ultrawide support is coming i would rather wait for that! [cant wait to see remastered sand levels!!!]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JoeW    20,981
19 minutes ago, t0panka said:

Thanks for answering mr. J. From what i remember there was more graphics settings in original MOTN because at that time i had to dial it down for proper FPS. IDK maybe it was just a resolution but it was definitely different. 

 

So i saw mentions about 30FPS cap for switch but why is it on Mac version? I guess its not capped on PC?

 

And about that ultrawide. Is it something you didnt look into yet or you wont support it at all? I am asking because im gonna play whole MOTN twice again for all achievements and if ultrawide support is coming i would rather wait for that! [cant wait to see remastered sand levels!!!]

It shouldn't be on mac unless you have it set to something that it can't handle very well. I believe if you have the game set to something too high for the machine to handle at a full 60fps, it will have to be bumped down to 30. 

Unfortunately can't support ultrawide without letterboxing - it would have art and gameplay implications that just don't make it possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
t0panka    1,582
5 minutes ago, JoeW said:

It shouldn't be on mac unless you have it set to something that it can't handle very well. I believe if you have the game set to something too high for the machine to handle at a full 60fps, it will have to be bumped down to 30. 

Unfortunately can't support ultrawide without letterboxing - it would have art and gameplay implications that just don't make it possible. 

Thanks JoeW for answers. You are right i tried to set lower "resolution" and it run better. But i also tried to kill all open apps and its still around 60 in full resolution

 

Understandable about ultrawide support thanks man. I can go full into MOTN now ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites