A little Help with Amount of Food

The gamepedia entry for Bristle Blossom, https://oxygennotincluded.gamepedia.com/Bristle_Blossom, actually has a table breaking down how many plants you need per dup, both eaten raw and when cooked into Gristle Berry:

Number of Duplicants 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Number of Plants When Eating Raw 4 8 12 15 19 23 27 30 34 38 42 45
Number of Plants as Gristle Berry 3 6 9 12 15 18 21 24 27 30 33 36

To calculate it for any plant, you just have to look at how many kcals it produces and divide by how many cycles it takes to harvest. This is kcals per day per plant. Each dup consumes 1000 kcals per day. Bristle Berry is 1600 kcals per 6 cycles, so 266.67 kcals per day, which is why you see 4 plants for a single dup. 

Mealwood produces 600 kcals per 3 cycles. So 200 per cycle. So you need 5 Mealwood plants to support one dup eating 1000 kcals a cycle.

Assuming you are cooking to fried mushrooms, gristle berry,  or stuffed berry then you need an average of 3 plants per dupe.  That's without farmer's touch.   I don't count on ft since fertilizer runs out, and just use it as a bonus supply of food for emergencies. 

2 hours ago, Soulwind said:

Assuming you are cooking to fried mushrooms, gristle berry,  or stuffed berry then you need an average of 3 plants per dupe.  That's without farmer's touch.   I don't count on ft since fertilizer runs out, and just use it as a bonus supply of food for emergencies. 

Obviously the initial fertilerzer that is mined runs out, but the fertilizer machine makes the stuff and the ingredients that uses are virtually infinite.

3 hours ago, Craigjw said:

Obviously the initial fertilerzer that is mined runs out, but the fertilizer machine makes the stuff and the ingredients that uses are virtually infinite.

I like to build fertilizer synthesizers next to NG vents so I can keep all the gas in the same room

Archived