Item restriction on doors

Have you ever seen duplicants bringing home a 500℃ piece of metal?

Have you ever seen duplicants bringinging a massive chunk of slime for no reason?

I no longer want them to. They should be smarter than to bring dangerous materials into their home.

So, I want doors to be able to lock out certain materials outside. Slimes, superheated radium, or even some excessive regolith. Just click on the checkbox to keep things out.

If this seems too easy, then we should make it a separate branch of research.

Instead of having this complexity part of the regular doors/airlocks, it should be a type of material sensor. We already have sensors for gas and liquid element sensors, why not proximity sensors as well?

This could easily be combined with the duplicant checkpoints to disable the ability to enter an area if any of a particular element approaches the sensor. If a dupe carrying regolith gets close, disallow travel through the checkpoint.

36 minutes ago, crypticorb said:

This could easily be combined with the duplicant checkpoints to disable the ability to enter an area if any of a particular element approaches the sensor. If a dupe carrying regolith gets close, disallow travel through the checkpoint.

This will make the dupe wait with the hot regolith until it cools down.

Instead we need a dupe taser. If automation detects the temperature is too high it will shock a dupe with electricity causing him to stop his current task and do something else.

6 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

This will make the dupe wait with the hot regolith until it cools down.

Instead we need a dupe taser. If automation detects the temperature is too high it will shock a dupe with electricity causing him to stop his current task and do something else.

That's just cruel.

...I like it.

Archived