Server on Home PC Nightmare, Need Help

Spent about 2 days of headaches trying to get my home server functional, I am hosting it off of my home PC, so the only time in which it should go down is when I restart the computer. This is not the case though, I leave the server run for the day and always come back to it not functioning. The server is not displayed in the game browser, and I cannot remotely connect to it. I do notice people on it, and can see activity in the logs, but I am forced to manually restart the server when I want to interact with it.

I attached the server log of the most recent 'let down' and am interested to see what you professionals think of it. In terms of internet connection and routing, I have 40mbps up, and 100mbps down. I have port forwarded the two following ports: 10999-11000 (are there more I am missing?)

Question: Why does there need to be 2 cluster.ini and server.ini ? If one cluster.ini for the overworld doesnt match the caves cluster.ini is that a problem (mine does match, I am just asking)

server_log.txt

server_chat_log.txt

server.ini

worldgenoverride.lua

cluster.ini

Everything seems fine with your logs, etc. so far. Also your configs seem correct, which is supported by the fact that you had players playing on it. (According to your server_chat_log.txt)

Only thing I saw was the error: "Error while registering slave server: NOT_IN_DB", which should be fixed in current versions according to the bug tracker.

One issue that I've encountered with Windows 10 lately is, that sometimes windows kinda jam up, and don't display anything anymore, despite actually still being active in the background.

The other issue might be that we had some DST updates with small fixes lately, which you might not have seen because steam updates the game automaticially, but the server was still on the old patchlevel.

Both issues together could explain the issues you described, together with the for other people seemingly working server

You only need one cluster.ini, which is placed inside your cluster folder, and one server.ini for each of your shards (which are essentially folders inside your cluster folder.). If you only have one shard, for example only an overworld shard you'll only need one server.ini. If you have an overworld and a caves world on the other hand, you'll need two server.inis. Usually the cluster.ini and server.inis can't mismatch, because they don't have the same configuration options. You can only have mismatching server.inis, which would just render the shards unable to connect to-, or interfere with eachother.

Archived