Do Insulated Pipes Break? And bonus qustion

I have an electrolyzer in the cold biome and the granite water pipe going to it keeps breaking. The water coming in is 30C but it moves slow because electrolyzer doesn't use that much water.  If I insulate the part of the granite water pipe that's inside the cold biome will that prevent the pipe from breaking?  Simple yes or no question.

Also Bonus Yes/No Quesiton:

In Rocketry update if you use a seive to clean polluted water which is 50c will the water coming out still be 40c (corrected)?  Or have they adjusted that somehow?  Is there any change to how the temperature affects sieves in Rocketry either in the temperature of the device or the temperature of the output?  I thought I remember reading there was some sort of change to seives and temperature in Rocketry such that you could not longer use them to cool liquid.  

pipes break when the contents change state of matter (freeze or boil) insulated pipes help keep the temperature steady to prevent this 

No it's 40C, always been 40C and was never 30C

30 minutes ago, greggbert said:

In Rocketry update if you use a seive to clean polluted water which is 50c will the water coming out still be 40c (corrected)?  Or have they adjusted that somehow?  Is there any change to how the temperature affects sieves in Rocketry either in the temperature of the device or the temperature of the output?  I thought I remember reading there was some sort of change to seives and temperature in Rocketry such that you could not longer use them to cool liquid.  

It hasn't changed

2 hours ago, greggbert said:

If I insulate the part of the granite water pipe that's inside the cold biome will that prevent the pipe from breaking?  Simple yes or no question.

I`d laike to say yes. But it depends on how long the pipe is. It will probably not break but it might have some issues with the water that already cooled prior to insulating it. It would be best to make the isnualted pipes out of igneous rock or ceramiic to minimize the heat transfer. Maybe even abyssalite (then they definetly won`t break the heat transfer would be almost zero).

10 hours ago, greggbert said:

If I insulate the part of the granite water pipe that's inside the cold biome will that prevent the pipe from breaking?  Simple yes or no question

No, Isolute pipe heat transfer rate = normal pipe transfer rate / 100, 

10 hours ago, greggbert said:

In Rocketry update if you use a seive to clean polluted water which is 50c will the water coming out still be 40c (corrected)

water seive always produce 40C water ignore input temperature.

Archived