Telling Duplicants apart

Duplicants look too similar. It isn't as much of a problem in the early game, but when the late game rolls around I can't tell who's who, because all the job hats look too similar. And once I start getting snazzy vests on all my dupies, they seem to be cookie cutter in appearance. I get the whole tiered color scheme of the job hats but make them a bit different. There should be some slight discrepancies in the tones at least.

Several games have fixed this problem before. One way to do it is to have a setting to disable some job hats, on either a colonist-by-colonist base or something like the auto-priority check box.

As for the textile loom products, you could simply have them take on the color of the base duplicant's clothes. Another possibility is adding a dye system, but that seems like a lot of work, and I wouldn't know how to implement something like that.

This could give duplicants some individuality, and more importantly can help me make sure what my dupes are doing is right more quickly.

They renamed the textile loom tech requirement to "self expression" in the EU so maybe there will add more individual clothes for dupes. Or at least vests with diffeent colors (but same stats) so we can color code our dupes.

Oh or even better. Have them have different clothes color based on the schedule they are on.

Archived