David_B

Creating/Using Language Translations

Laider    1

I basically have a whole polish language pack done. Obviously propably needs improvements.
Problem is, game doesn't see the pack. What do I do?

David_B    44

@Laider does it work when you put your strings.po file in hotlava_Data/StreamingAssets/Mods?

If you uploaded it to Steam, make sure you subscribe to it so it shows up in your language menu! (I forget to do this all the time.)

Also: Make sure you named the file strings.po! Don't add a language suffix to the filename. Nothing except strings.po

Laider    1

@David_B Well it does not. I attached screens of how it looks on my end. If something is wrong here, please tell me, but to me it seems fine.

HotLava3.PNG

Hotlava4.PNG

Edited by Laider
Wrong screens.

David_B    44

@Laider looks right to me. With that setup, you should see your translation applied in game.

Check in look in your output_log for errors. For example, the message "TRANSLATION ERROR! The following have missing or mismatched parameters" means you forgot to include some {0} which causes text like "1 friend online" to appear as "friend online".

If there's nothing obvious there, run with this setup and report a bug in-game. That should give me the info I need to debug.

Crystal Kourosh    2,315

I am translating the game to Persian which uses Arabic text/fonts and since Arabic is from right to left, when i open up the game for testing the translations etc... i think the game doesn't support text that is written from right to left

David_B    44

@crystal_clodet

Can you upload your translation to Steam so I can test with it? You can keep it hidden and I'll use super dev powers to look at it. (You're right that the current build does not support right-to-left languages.)

• Like 1

Crystal Kourosh    2,315
12 hours ago, David_B said:

@crystal_clodet

Can you upload your translation to Steam so I can test with it? You can keep it hidden and I'll use super dev powers to look at it. (You're right that the current build does not support right-to-left languages.)

Ok done

• Thanks 1

Hunterluz    52

Hey! I'm translating the game to Polish. The problem starts when I want to test some things out. I upload it to the workshop, then, when I have to select my language mod in the game, it says to restart the game, okay, but after the restart, my mod is not applying. It worked maybe 2 times, and I tried it about 20 times. Am I doing something wrong?

Enzemo    0

Project-Id-Version:
POT-Creation-Date:
PO-Revision-Date:
Last-Translator:
Language-Team:
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
X-Generator: Poedit 2.1.1

Do I need to translate this section, or add anything?

David_B    44
On 2018-09-27 at 12:19 AM, Enzemo said:

Do I need to translate this section, or add anything?

No. That all looks like stuff generated by poedit. Whatever it generates should be fine.

On 2018-09-26 at 9:49 AM, Hunterluz said:

Hey! I'm translating the game to Polish. The problem starts when I want to test some things out. I upload it to the workshop, then, when I have to select my language mod in the game, it says to restart the game, okay, but after the restart, my mod is not applying. It worked maybe 2 times, and I tried it about 20 times. Am I doing something wrong?

Check your output_log for errors. For example, the message "TRANSLATION ERROR! The following have missing or mismatched parameters" means you forgot to include some {0} which causes text like "1 friend online" to appear as "friend online".

Do you have the same problems if you switch your language back to English and copy your strings.po file into archive/build/hotlava_Data/StreamingAssets/Mods/ ?

David_B    44

A new build is live!

That means there's an updated strings_template.pot when you get the build. I've also updated the strings_template.pot in the original post.

• Thanks 1