Multiple continuous productions

It would be nice if stations with queued production orders could have multiple continuous orders and be able to cycle through them. As it is, I have to have a separate grill for every different recipe, or regularly go through and change the recipe, which is inconvenient.

1 hour ago, Destructix said:

Something like the grill should;

Do first item, if it can't cause there are no resources available then it moves to the next and so on and so forth.

Yes, that is also how it behaves in RimWorld. It would be good if this were also possible in Oxygen Not Included.

RimWorld also lets you set things such as "produce until you have amount X". This would also be useful.

7 hours ago, Tekky said:

RimWorld also lets you set things such as "produce until you have amount X". This would also be useful.

This second point can be made with automation, if you set the required amount in a fridge. :) 

But that's right, for this purpose, you have to set a building for each recipe.

On the other hand, having to make a building for each infinite recipe allow these to cool down when it's not in use. ;)

Good lord I'd love this. I've made a suggestion topic for this exact feature before, months ago, and there have been several since. Normally I'd be irritated that the topic keeps getting re-made, but it needs to be seen and done.

It would streamline food production by a large margin, and get rid of a lot of useless micromanagement. Dupes suddenly starving because one food production line is stalled or slow is not engaging gameplay.

When you have omelettes, BBQ, mushrooms, and pepper bread all in full production, currently the only way to keep them in production is to have 4 separate grills.

Archived