Rockets and Cargo

Fuel needed is beased on the distance and the mass of the rocket. The game will tell you how far your rocket can go with the fuel you have.

It`s one ton per cargo bay but you get a mix of the materials from the destination.

The organic mass is farthest away meaning you`d need a huge rocket to feed your pacus. Im not sure if it would be worth it.

In preview branch (now probably live) fuel tank contains 900Kg of pertroleum, each fuel tank grants 20Mm reach boost (and each module reduces reach) But regardless of distance all fuel tanks are emptied, so if you have rocket with two tanks and try to reach asteroid in 10Mm you will spend double the nessesary fuel.

So to travel to closest asteroid you need 900Kg minimum. To 20Mm and 30Mm asteroids you need 1800Kg of fuel, and the furthest asteroid will require 2400Kg of petroleum.

P.S. hopefully this will change.

19 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

It`s one ton per cargo bay but you get a mix of the materials from the destination.

No, it was per cargo bay, now it is 1t of solid cargo overall. Perhaps 1t per cargo type (gas, liquid e t c), but I have yet to try reaching furthest asteroid.

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 9:35 PM, xylophone said:

Is using the rocket worth it right now?

Depends. There are pros:

1. Technically petroleum(fuel) is 'free' (water->oil->petroleum)
  2. You get some normally finite resources in exchange like wheezeworts, rocks, raw metals e t c
  3. You get coolants in exchange (solid&cold carbon dioxide+oxygen, but I can't pick up them yet :( , no such option in compactors)

There are cons:

1. Amount of resources you get is really low, usually lower then spent fuel mass (1t reward per trip, and everything worthwhile requires at least 1800Kg of fuel)
  2. Rockets are late/midgame and require quite a bit of steel and some industry (one-time mostly)
  3. Requires some high-maintenance(expectations) dupe(s)
  4. It is faster to mine the needed resource then send a rocket

From my point of view: it is worth it if you have no alternate sources or resource shortage, but buggy)

Archived