Is there a reason why on dedicated servers the console automatically allows "banned" players to rejoin after a week or two? I've banned some players on my server and I've noticed that people who I KNOW I've banned in the past are suddenly able to join again? I've check my blacklist.txt file to confirm that their Klei ID matches from my chat logs and it's really confusing. Is there a proper way to ban someone permanently, or was that an intended feature? 

Start the server and go to Master/server_log.txt and copy/paste the lines that start with:

[00:00:00] : OnLoadPermissionList:

The bans file at me is actually called blocklist.txt not blacklist.txt, and honestly don't remember seeing an option where I could be able to change the name of the file.

5 hours ago, cezarica said:

The bans file at me is actually called blocklist.txt not blacklist.txt

That. Once you ban they should never be able to join your server or get "unbanned", unless you explicitly remove the ban (remove the entry from "blocklist.txt").

Be aware though that some players (especially destructive ones, a.k.a. griefers) have more than one Steam account, so once you ban one account, they login into another account and come back to haunt you.

:wilson_lightbulb: PRO TIP: You can ban people from the game <Tab> menu. Press <Tab>, then you'll see some icons to the right of the player's name. You can kick it (which allows them to rejoin) or ban permanently. Banning them from the game interface will automatically add their unique ID to blocklist.txt, so you don't ever need to do it manually. ;) 

19 hours ago, cezarica said:

Start the server and go to Master/server_log.txt and copy/paste the lines that start with:

[00:00:00] : OnLoadPermissionList:

The bans file at me is actually called blocklist.txt not blacklist.txt, and honestly don't remember seeing an option where I could be able to change the name of the file.

Oops i meant to say blocklist.txt

Anyways this is what I got from the server_log.txt 

https://gyazo.com/12a5b75258d2e87f0031e5757a60f993

Wanted to see that the blocklist.txt is loaded properly (look at whitelist for comparation).

The only option left is to open that file and see if a ban that you just set in console (be it in game or Windows console when you start the DST server) can be found in that file.

Another thing that you can try is to open console and try:

for i, v in ipairs(TheNet:GetBlacklist()) do print(v.userid); end;

and see if you get any results.

Archived