What each year is gonna be themed after (An amazing breakdown)

So far, every year in Don't Starve Together has a different theme, based on one of the mobs you can find in the game, and on one of the animals in the chinese zodiac! So if we compare the two together...

2017 - Year of the Rooster - Gobbler (Since DST doesn't actually have a rooster/chicken/whatever, they decided to pick the closest thing to a rooster which would indeed be a Gobbler)

2018 - Year of the Dog - Varg (Varg is basically a big dog so it fits)

2019 - Year of the Pig - Pig/Pig Guardian/Werepig/Pig King (Pretty easy to figure out)

2020 - Year of the Rat - ??? (The closest thing to a rat in the game world are Willow mains  the two random white mice Wilson ties up in this trailer at 0:48, but it could also be a moleworm or some other rodent)

2021 - Year of the Ox - Beefalo (Oxen and Beefalo's are very similar creatures etc.)

2022 - Year of the Tiger - ??? (The only tiger-like thing in the game world is the tigershark, but since that thing is in Shipwrecked, who knows what this year is gonna be themed after.)

2023 - Year of the Rabbit - Rabbit/Giant Rabbit (Pretty easy to figure out)

2024 - Year of the Dragon - Dragonfly (The dragonfly is basically a dragon but with fly eyes and wings)

2025 - Year of the Snake - ??? (The only snakes exist in Shipwrecked, so i have no clue)

2026 - Year of the Horse - Clockwork Knight (The Clockwork Knight looks like a horse)

2027 - Year of the Sheep - Ewecus (Ewecus IS a sheep)

2028 - Year of the Monkey - Splumonkey (Pretty easy to figure out)

Andd then the Year of the Gobbler starts again, and the cycle just loops. 

This is a pretty good idea but I honestly think they will stop content updates after next year when all the events are done. DST/DS has been an old project for Klei and who knows how long they will keep Don't Starve alive..

Also HEYYY!! on the Willow Mains = rats thing.  Really, are we still on that "joke" over two _years_ AFTER she was nerfed to high heaven?  Really?

Anyway yeah, we've talked about this before, and it's unfortunate that probably most of the Chinese Zodiac won't have a chance to get used in DST.   "My" zodiac animal is several years away, for example, and it's also one of my favourites in real life...  (Year of the Tiger Catcoon! before you ask.)

...Notorious

14 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Also HEYYY!! on the Willow Mains = rats thing.  Really, are we still on that "joke" over two _years_ AFTER she was nerfed to high heaven?  Really?

Sorry, I just think "nerfed to high heaven" is a really funny phrase. Also, I agree.

Archived