Abyssalite reduced?

I started a new game on the latest patch, and noticed that the abyssalite seams around the starting biome are smaller. Am I imagining this? Was this called out in patch notes? I've started using insulated tiles now since abyssalite isn't as abundant as it used to be. The edges of the abyssalite seams that approach the starting biome, used to be 4 tiles wide, if I recall correctly, but are now only 2 tiles wide.

edited for clarity.

1 hour ago, Elerius said:

I started a new game on the latest patch, and noticed that the abyssalite seams around the starting biome are smaller. Am I imagining this? Was this called out in patch notes? I've started using insulated tiles now since abyssalite isn't as abundant as it used to be. The edges of the abyssalite seams that approach the starting biome, used to be 4 tiles wide, if I recall correctly, but are now only 2 tiles wide.

edited for clarity.

I noticed the same thing. I do 'feel' that some of the seams are smaller.

Just now, Rogue Witch said:

Yes, I agree. The amount of Abyssalite has drastically reduced.

I actually think it makes the game better, because it encourages use of insulated non-abyssalite tiles now, whereas before I just built everything out of normal abyssalite because it was so abundant. Now I just use abyssalite for transporting hot liquids.

Just now, Elerius said:

I actually think it makes the game better, because it encourages use of insulated non-abyssalite tiles now, whereas before I just built everything out of normal abyssalite because it was so abundant. Now I just use abyssalite for transporting hot liquids.

I started using insulated pipes and tiles of igneous in my most recent builds because of it. I noticed the different after the coming back to the game just before the expressive update.

You still end up with an absurd amount abyssalite. But I've been broken of the habit of just building ALL of my piping out of it.

Archived