Exosuit setup

If you want to split it evenly, use a bridge and you can connect 4 separate pipes to the end of the bridge each leading to its own exo suit dock. This will also stop the stuttering that you would normally experience.

I technically lie, it wont evenly split it so each pipe gets 500g etc, it will just make sure each pipe gets a turn instead of it stuttering and sometimes missing a pipe.

Open the valve to full. It is just slowing down the oxygen feed to the suits. To facilitate and even distribution to the 3 suits, disconnect the pipe on the main line immediately preceding going under the first exosuit dock (destroy +rebuilt). Then as BlueLance said, place a pipe bridge so that it's output lands at the junction of the second suit and the mainline going up to the last one. That will be your optimal allocation of evenly distributed oxygen.

3 hours ago, Whispershade said:

Open the valve to full. It is just slowing down the oxygen feed to the suits. To facilitate and even distribution to the 3 suits, disconnect the pipe on the main line immediately preceding going under the first exosuit dock (destroy +rebuilt). Then as BlueLance said, place a pipe bridge so that it's output lands at the junction of the second suit and the mainline going up to the last one. That will be your optimal allocation of evenly distributed oxygen.

Sorry but why bridge? I place a bridge under the 1st exo suits and connect the output to all 3 suits? What difference does it make ?

Well , logically speaking, your pipes is so long and far away from the input. Then you are limiting the input by adding a valve. i would make a single line 2 tiles under the exosuit , then branch out 1 tile below the suit for the first two suits. As for the far away suits continue the pipe that is two tiles under the first set of exosuits.

E= exosuits .// P(===) = pipes .// E2= far exosuits

E2                         E1 E1

p                            ppppp

p                                    p

ppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

The only way that branched pipes will fill at an even rate is if the pipe is completely full. Discard your intuition that pipes in oni act like pipes irl. A real life valve will cause the entire pipe beyond it to stabilize at a certain pressure. There is no pressure in oni pipes; they are implemented as discrete packets moving from point to point at a discrete rate. A valve in oni limits the size of the packets. If the pipe beyond the valve becomes blocked, packets will combine at that end until each pipe segment is full. There is no way to alter the capacity of a pipe such that it becomes full with smaller packets. 

2 hours ago, jfc said:

Sorry but why bridge? I place a bridge under the 1st exo suits and connect the output to all 3 suits? What difference does it make ?

Well, there are two things going on. Just to be clear. I am going to call each segment of oxygen in a pipe a packet. With a single gas pump, this will typically be 500g of oxygen and they'll move down the pipe in a line.

What you have at the beginning is a sort of 'comb' design. The main pipe is the spine of the comb, and the pipe that goes up into the dock are the teeth. With that design the allocation of oxygen becomes progressively uneven the more teeth you have. The first tooth of the comb gets 50% of the packets. If there are 3 or more, then the second tooth only gets 25%. More 4 or more, the third gets 12.5%. And so on, halving the % the further the tooth is down the comb from the main input.

In the setup you have, the dock furthest to the right gets 50% of the oxygen, the next one gets 25%, and the last one 25%. If you added another dock to the top. Then both of the top ones would get 12% of the oxygen packets.

A more even way of distributing the oxygen is to use a branching tree scheme. But that can be overly complicated with a lot of 'leafs' But at its simplest, with your setup it could be thought of as a pitch fork or Trident. One input segment with 3 output segments in a single 't' junction. Each output would get 33% of the packets. Perfectly even distribution. This is why I suggested placing the output of the bridge  on the junction under the middle dock. That is the center of the junction leading to all 3 docks. Another way could have been to run the pipe up from the bottom another level but that would take more space.

The second thing going on is that there is a quirk in the way standard junctions handle spreading their packets. They create unnecessary gaps and stalling in the gas line. This is also alleviated by bridging onto a junction. It creates a much smoother flow. This is more of an issue if you're using multiple gas pumps to max out the pipe capacity. I typically run 2 electrolyzers/gas pumps per oxygen line to fill to 1000g a packet. So the stagger ends up costing me 50% of my flow rate. If you are only using one pump on the line, then you're not losing flow rate, though since the packets just back up into each other and you get 1000g packets every other pipe instead of 500 every pipe.

One can also have a four way output junction with the use of a bridge if one were so inclined.

Archived