Oxygen Management

I have 5 dups and using deoxidizer still on cycle 148 and another for 2 exo suits, problem is i'm running low on algae and i don't know a proper oxygen setup to be able to stustain more dups and exo suits. Does anyone have a good setup?

There should still be plenty of algae on the map to support 5 dupes. That aside, it seems that converting water into oxygen and hydrogen with electrolizers is the way to go. There are lots of guides around on the forum. E.g. this (dont mind the strange preview picture):

The third alternative being deodizers which convert polluted oxygen (again plenty on the map) into oxygen using sand (plenty).

The fourth being liquid oxygen, where you cool down polluted oxygen down to -180°C (which converts it to liquid oxygen) and then bring it back up to comfy 20°C.

As you can see, you got quite a few options.

Here's an example of what I'd use. You can look at the whole topic and choose a different one if you like it better... or just search from "SPOM" in the forum - here's another topic:

I've also seen some nice "open" examples that don't use pumps - that makes it more power efficient. Here's one from the wiki, thanks to @Grimgaw and this answer:

image.thumb.png.572bd19084623fe09eba760b9164550b.png  

These look really nice, thanks. I haven't used any water besides research so i have a lot to use until I can get close to a steam geyser. I'm currently hatching a glossy drecklet so I won't be able to get the 20k hydrogen compressed yet

Regarding the oxygen cooling with wheezeworts - I just read that wheezeworts take 1kg of substance from their base and cool it by 5°. That means even if you're using only 2kg it should work pretty well, as long as the Hydrogen around the wheezeworts can circle back to their base in 2 seconds. So given a constant stream of 1kg oxygen in pipes around the wheezewort(so 1kg/sec), 1 Wheezie will cool oxygen with 12°.

Archived