Gas T-junction halving flow

Hi everyone, first post and first play-through here and I'm loving it so far !

I'm hitting a little problem with my oxygen distribution system. I've recently switched to electrolyzer generation and so far had a single pipe which connected my oxygen generation building to two gas vents inside the base. Now that this works right I've decided to add a branch to that pipe to feed the exosuit docks around the base (and get rid of my old power hungry pump-filter system). I was assuming that once the exosuit line is full the full flow would go through the vent line but that's not how it works :

HalfO2.png

The T-Junction works in a way that half of the time it will feed one line and the other half the other line. If one of the output lines is full then the input flow is stopped which means my oxygen generation is effectively cut in half.

While this is not the way you'd expect it to work in the real world well, this is not the real world so, is there a common and simple ONI-way to work around that issue, because right now anything I can think of involves overly complex and costly solutions.

Thanks.

Yes there is a simple way to do what you want. Just slap a gas bridge at jour junction. And split your pipes at the output of the bridge. It should give you a full throughput no matter the situation and split in half when both pipes wants O2.

I encountered the same situation a while ago and manage to make it work with gas bridges ^^

If you place a flow control valve directly on the pipe that you want to split the flow from and set the  flow rate to say 5k, then the gas will split between the two pipes at a more regular rate, leaving the same number of packets, b ut of lesser size.

I use this for my O2 distribution around my base.

packet.jpg

Archived