Tic - Toc - Atomic clock?

49 minutes ago, youtube_stmmomo said:

This is more intuitive

and it`s easier.

Yeoboseyo and gamsa hab nida! :D That is also a nice idea - using a water pump! It needs some extra space for the water pump and door/liquid vent, but it does use less logic.

36 minutes ago, martosss said:

Yeoboseyo and gamsa hab nida! :D That is also a nice idea - using a water pump! It needs some extra space for the water pump and door/liquid vent, but it does use less logic.

Your circuit is simple
But others will not understand.
It has already been tried in Korea.
I'll show you a picture.

제목 없음.jpg

11 minutes ago, youtube_stmmomo said:

Your circuit is simple
But others will not understand.
It has already been tried in Korea.
I'll show you a picture.

제목 없음.jpg

Aha, so this will measure 1~198 * 200.2 sec.

OK, I think what I can say about it is:

• It uses more logic gates(obviously) - 14 vs 8 - almost x2 times more! If I used that many, I could try to improve mine - I kept the gate count minimal, that's why mine is ugly and hard to use :D I don't care, since it still works for me and as long as you understand the math, you should have no problem to set it yourself. I also posted cheat sheet with sample calculations that work for 1-15 cycles, that should be enough for general usage.
  • It is much more accurate(~10 times smaller error), although still not perfect - it will measure 200.2sec per 200-filter reset. So for each additional cycle(600 seconds) it will be off by 0.6 seconds, which is quite good. It also requires ~1 sec when restarting from (0,0)
  • It is more "user friendly" in the sense that it always measures 200*x, where x =1~198

Again, as I stated earlier, I don't think 5-10 sec is important when you're measuring 5-10 cycles, so it doesn't really matter if it's a bit more accurate. The "easier" part, I agree - it's easier to use by someone who doesn't want/can't do the math.

Archived