Fish Release building before Fish Trap building tech

Its kind of weird to have a fish release building be available for construction before the Fish trap building is made.

How exactly do u use the fish release BEFORE being able to actually trap fish.

Maybe you should move the fish release technology away from the ranching tech and put it in in animal control.

I can see feeding a fish in the wild but the release  building is useless without being able to trap a fish.

for the fish egg - I just make a storage box near the water or have it half level below water, and have them deliver it to the storage box via sweep only, and then just uncheck the egg and it drops outside of the box.  its a cheesy way of moving the eggs around without using any ranching technology research.  (works for any eggs of course)

I could imagine the reason is so you definitely have the release. Otherwise you are able to catch them but not release them. This way it is definitely possible to release when you are able to catch them. 

18 hours ago, Enno said:

I could imagine the reason is so you definitely have the release. Otherwise you are able to catch them but not release them. This way it is definitely possible to release when you are able to catch them. 

in either situation you can still definitely release them. its just that currently we can release them well before we can catch them have the cart before the horse is the current problem

4 hours ago, heckubis said:

in either situation you can still definitely release them. its just that currently we can release them well before we can catch them have the cart before the horse is the current problem

Just throwing in a possible reason nothing else. Someone decided this and maybe this was the reasoning. 

4 hours ago, Enno said:

Just throwing in a possible reason nothing else. Someone decided this and maybe this was the reasoning. 

the thing is your reasoning is not valid. you cant possibly release them at all (even with the fish release) if you cant catch them first. reason needs to be carried to fruition and it wasnt done in this situation.

one could argue that you could debug build the traps but in that case you could just debug build the release as well making the debug short cut a mute point

Archived