Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

cmccllbb

The gorge server should be open all the time

cmccllbb    0

On the day of the canyon activity, I bought a full set of skin.
Since playing gorge game mode, the ordinary game mode has lost interest.
And the time of the activity is too short,It should be a permanent open DLC model ,At least for those who purchase a full set of skin, they are permanently open.

Donke60    3101

the time of activity was fine if it was open to all who paid it wouldn't be an event, and that goes against the model that Klei has of not having DST paid DLC for they don't want to separate players. Thats why all alternate events are free and could also be why they are limited to keep cost down or just for the limited time effect. However the main point is it would go against Kiel model for DST and their players

fimmatek    4204

Paid content? Hell no. 

There's a reason why Klei sells the skins, and only the skins, for money. The devs don't want a paywall and I fully agree with that. 

I also don't get your idea, why should players who bought skins get the exclusive right to play content?

Now, I wouldn't be against for the Gorge (and Forge) being added permanently, but I don't really support it. DST is still a survival game, not an arena fighting or cooking game. Also keeping up enough servers might be problematic and/or expensive for Klei.

maradyne    4979

As much as I loved the Forge and other people loved the Gorge, a big part of their appeal is due to the limited time nature. They'd get stale if they were available all the time, player numbers would drop, and the modes would get nearly unplayable...or they wouldn't, and the player-base would be split so public servers would be dead, leading to the game itself looking dead whether or not people were playing privately. Had that happen during the Gorge.

...if the game had about double the active public population, then maybe, yea. Not as DLC tho.

cmccllbb    0

我不同意你们的看法,暴食峡谷比熔炉好,因为找到2个队友比找到5个队友要容易的多,甚至可以一个人进行游戏,而熔炉就不行了,而且完成一局游戏时间也相对较短,如果你是一个老玩家那么玩了几年的生存模式不觉得腻吗,而事实上饥荒的老玩家都在逐渐流失,就是因为大家玩腻了,像我的好友里面现在很多人都不上线了,还有很多人都玩别的游戏去了,你们认为参与活动内容玩家没有正常玩家的数量多,这是很片面的,一个很客观的因素就是限时,这就造成事实上很多玩家都还不知道活动内容,或者很人是因为那个时间段在忙于别的工作或者学习或者别的事情,根本没时间来接触这个新的活动内容,饥荒作为一个老游戏,这么多年了也是该改变的时候了,该插入新的内容和DLC了。

fimmatek    4204

@cmccllbb could you please write in english? It would help a lot to understand each other.

Anyways, I translated your post with google: 

"I don't agree with you. The glutton canyon is better than the melting pot, because it is much easier to find two teammates than to find five teammates. You can even play the game alone, and the furnace will not work, and the game time is relatively complete. Short, if you are an old player, then you don’t feel tired after playing for a few years. In fact, the old players of famine are gradually losing. It’s because everyone is tired, like many of my friends. On the line, there are still many people who have played other games. You think that the number of players who participate in the event is not as good as the number of normal players. This is very one-sided. A very objective factor is the time limit, which causes in fact many players. I don't know the content of the event, or because someone is busy with other work or study or something else during that time, there is no time to contact this new activity. Famine is an old game. It has changed for so many years. It's time to insert new content and DLC."

Assuming the translation is correct enough and I understood you well, you want more content in the base game and that the Gorge should be that. I agree with the first part, new content is always welcome, but I disagree with the second part. The Gorge is very repetitive and would get boring fast enough if it were unlimited.

I understand that some people have to work/study/etc during the event, but that happenes. It was up for more than a whole month! If someone couldn't find time in that, that's a pity. (I had exams for example... yet I could take a brake and play it every now and then). Good news is that these event might (not surely!) return once, so hopefully everyone can try them if they missed them at the first time.