characters nationality

Well, there are a few things we actually know for some of them.

Wes is from Fance, he's shown with the Eiffle tower in his normal portrait and the game literally refers to them as a 'Fragile french mime.' 

Maxwell/William Carter lived in England of some sort before coming to America, as inferred in the William Carter Puzzles on his passport.
Wendy is clearly his nephew, and his brother, Jack, wrote him a letter. I do not remember if Jack was writing from England or America though, for some weird reason I seem to remember two different options... I'd have to look again

Woodie is from Canada, no doubt about that.
Wolfgang is foreign but we don't know the exact country. His quotes seem to imply Russian sometimes, French others, maybe they're just trying to be vague with him. Klei likes to be vague. 

I'm pretty sure Willow is American because of the way she talks and the words she uses. Like 'Jerk' and more. People in other countries may use those, but Don't Starve is set in the past a little, so I don't know if the terms had time to spread yet.

Wigfrid won't tell us anything...  She mentions an 'Aunt Hilda' though for sleeping beefalo. This doesn't seem to be an in-character remark. Hilda isn't really an American name. So perhaps she lives in Europe after all. 

Webber mentions his grandfather wearing tam-o-shanters, and that he also used to live with goats and a mill back at home. Many believe he lived in Scotland because of it, I could believe that. 

• Like 3

On 7/23/2018 at 3:15 AM, gallusvarius said:

Wigfrid won't tell us anything...  She mentions an 'Aunt Hilda' though for sleeping beefalo. This doesn't seem to be an in-character remark. Hilda isn't really an American name. So perhaps she lives in Europe after all. 

Webber mentions his grandfather wearing tam-o-shanters, and that he also used to live with goats and a mill back at home. Many believe he lived in Scotland because of it, I could believe that. 

Well Wigfrid says she feels at hope in the woods... It's not very much to go by.

Omg, Webber with a scottish accent!! >u<

• Like 1