My hat disappears when the server has caves

I'm developing a new mod and when I ADD caves to the server the hat shows with me, but he don't exist.

When don't have the caves active everything's ok, perfect. But when they're active, the hat disappears. Any solution? Yes, I have tested many times, the problem's with caves.

Your problem is probably a problem host/client. Meaning : it works fine as long as you are the host (classic server without cave you created), don't work when you are the client (world with caves, dedicated server, another server created by someone else...)

What did you use as a template ? You probably miss a line like this :

inst.entity:SetPristine()

if not TheWorld.ismastersim then
        return inst
    end

or

inst.entity:AddNetwork()

I suggest you to take another prefab as an example to see what lines could be missing. If you don't find any, attach your mod here (.zip file).

7 hours ago, Lumina said:

inst.entity:SetPristine() if not TheWorld.ismastersim then return inst end

Thank you!! Is my first mod and I didn't know of the existence of that piece of code to deal with the network.

On 7/22/2018 at 4:11 AM, Lumina said:

Your problem is probably a problem host/client. Meaning : it works fine as long as you are the host (classic server without cave you created), don't work when you are the client (world with caves, dedicated server, another server created by someone else...)

What did you use as a template ? You probably miss a line like this :

inst.entity:SetPristine()

if not TheWorld.ismastersim then
        return inst
    end

or

inst.entity:AddNetwork()

I suggest you to take another prefab as an example to see what lines could be missing. If you don't find any, attach your mod here (.zip file).

I'm having the same problem, and I'm taking your advice, but this keeps happening...

20180913124320_1.jpg

I even tried these lines with a character who produces items. I can't even pick those up. And if I use console commands to do so, this same error happens.

Edited by icantevenname
Added info

In order to help you, it would be hugely beneficial have your latest server log file. When using caves, note that there is a separate server log file for the cave-shard (caves are a "separate server instance"). Those logs tell us of improperly formatted textures, scripting errors and warnings etc. Incredibly helpful when debugging these things.

Supplying a full zip-file of the mod is also helpful. since we can then quickly scan over the important parts, to make sure it's not a simple oversight.

5 hours ago, Ultroman said:

In order to help you, it would be hugely beneficial have your latest server log file. When using caves, note that there is a separate server log file for the cave-shard (caves are a "separate server instance"). Those logs tell us of improperly formatted textures, scripting errors and warnings etc. Incredibly helpful when debugging these things.

Supplying a full zip-file of the mod is also helpful. since we can then quickly scan over the important parts, to make sure it's not a simple oversight.

Here's all of that.

ShantaeInfo.zip

Hmm, there are some peculiar errors in your normal server log. Are these missing prefabs from your mod?

[00:01:15]: Can't find prefab sundrop    
[00:01:15]: SpawnSaveRecord [nil, sundrop] FAILED    

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[00:02:09]: Can't find prefab sunny    
[00:02:09]: Failed to instantiate prefab in: OnResumeRequestLoadComplete
[00:02:52]: Spawn request: shantae from ZacharyTheCrummyShantaeDrawing
[00:02:52]: Skin request: (shantae_none) () () () ()
[00:02:52]: Invalid spawn request, defaulting to shantae

Yeah, other than that, I can't see anything wrong. But I'm not the right person to ask about character mods.

Edited by Ultroman

22 minutes ago, Ultroman said:

Hmm, there are some peculiar errors in your normal server log. Are these missing prefabs from your mod?

[00:01:15]: Can't find prefab sundrop    
[00:01:15]: SpawnSaveRecord [nil, sundrop] FAILED    

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[00:02:09]: Can't find prefab sunny    
[00:02:09]: Failed to instantiate prefab in: OnResumeRequestLoadComplete
[00:02:52]: Spawn request: shantae from ZacharyTheCrummyShantaeDrawing
[00:02:52]: Skin request: (shantae_none) () () () ()
[00:02:52]: Invalid spawn request, defaulting to shantae

Yeah, other than that, I can't see anything wrong. But I'm not the right person to ask about character mods.

Oh, that was the other character I talked about earlier. I'll just add her in and then recreate the bug then.

SunnyInfo.zip

Edited by icantevenname
Added file

I don't really have time to look at your problem, but i suggest you to test your mod alone for the first testings, so you are sure the issue is coming for your mod and not for compatibility issue.

Also, your problem seems to be related to wetness, which seems at least a little different than the original problem.

14 hours ago, Lumina said:

I don't really have time to look at your problem, but i suggest you to test your mod alone for the first testings, so you are sure the issue is coming for your mod and not for compatibility issue.

Also, your problem seems to be related to wetness, which seems at least a little different than the original problem.

Turned off all those client mods, figured that it's because of that extended HUD checking for wetness. No. Still the same thing...

Oh, ok. In that case, it was probably a difference in the sequence the components are added to the item prefab. Probably that you added the inventoryitem component before adding the inspectable component, or something like that.

Edited by Ultroman