Next event: Home

Been tossing a few of the community theories around in my head.

A
B
C
D
E
Forge
Gorge
Home(comming?)

And the implication by Gorge that we might actually be going home next. At least...it was somewhat strange of it to mention that.

There's been a lot of talk of the next event possibly focusing on Sanity, due to Health and Hunger being the previous focuses.
If so, Charlie would be a fitting master for the game board, given her state, control of Sanity elements and the world, and capture of the Fuelweaver.
The Ruins or Throne Room would also be perfect locations to drive the theme.
She's also been gathering power from the active portal, and presumably, the activation and connection of the other portals.

The charge process of the Gorge's Ancient Key interests me particularly. The Favors hold a glowing, white energy, and share an appearance similar to the Opal, 'Light' gem of the Mooncaller's staff. Not to mention that the Gnaw is a mysterious thing in the sky dropping items seemingly charged with Light energy. Like the """""moon""""" as Maxwell refers to it.

...so Charlie is sitting there gathering this energy (end of Forge trailer), on the other side of the portal. Where the survivors will emerge if they do return to the 'home' dimension.
Charlie's recent/current actions bring me to the last reason for thinking this way.
She seems to be on an even footing with her 'dark' half.
She's recently captured a being capable of affecting Them (Fuely).
She's draining more power from the portal; presumably some of what's activating the portals is traveling back through to her.

All of these can benefit both the Dark and Light halves of Charlie. The Dark half would want power, and to eliminate possible threats...while the Charlie herself, harnessing Light, might be trying to break free. She isn't exactly good; the two halves are compromising on doing some pretty terrible stuff, and her grudge toward Maxwell is real, though Winona's presence might be weakening that if that one speech file note about him is any indication.
Regardless, I think she would try to escape her current predicament.

Charlie having an internal struggle and that struggle affecting the world around her, also providing the survivors with a goal of aiding her not-entirely-corrupted half, seems a good basis for a Sanity-based event. Like...the world stuttering between calm and shadowy hellscape based on the Charlie's mental state and the survivor's actions would be pretty neat.

Well, after the Forge they said they didn't know what they were doing next.
Assuming they wanted the next event to have a similar name their options were:

• gorge
  • forge
  • engorge
  • reforge
  • regorge
  • disgorge
  • dropforge

These are all the words in my dictionary that end in "-orge". Gorge being the obvious winner to the most similar to "Forge".

"G" following "F" in the alphabet is likely unrelated. It's just the only other 5 letter word in English that ends in "-orge" happens to be "Gorge".

6 hours ago, 8bitpineapple said:

Well, after the Forge they said they didn't know what they were doing next.
Assuming they wanted the next event to have a similar name their options were:

• gorge
  • forge
  • engorge
  • reforge
  • regorge
  • disgorge
  • dropforge

These are all the words in my dictionary that end in "-orge". Gorge being the obvious winner to the most similar to "Forge".

"G" following "F" in the alphabet is likely unrelated. It's just the only other 5 letter word in English that ends in "-orge" happens to be "Gorge".

you forgot Orge , buddy

Spoiler

Get shrekt! XD

Archived