I use Windows, and under Klei folder I deleted anything that seemed like it was from the old server. I don't know why we have DoNotStarveTogether_EasyConfigOverworld and DoNotStarveTogether_EasyConfigCaves folders under there when it takes Cluster_1 from the list anyway (didn't last time, but idk what I did then). Any changes I apply won't work here. I even copied the Master files from the aforementioned folders into normal Cluster_1 save file after deleting everything there, and adding a new cluster token (the caves folder I mentioned before had Master, so I had to rename that to Caves). None of this mattered however, because this **** keeps happening:

image.thumb.png.376e42efb8fe16af1088e108be5c79de.png

Wrong amount of players, only overworld generated, wrong name, no password enabled, WTF?!

Is there a tutorial explaining what the folders I mentioned before are for and what the difference between that and the save files are? This is cluster_1 too, but I've had Cluster_1 taken up before by another server, yet I could still generate a new server WITHOUT overriding my hosted server file... as Cluster_1. What is this bollocks? Can we just have dedicated servers easily and understandably launched like the hosted servers? Because this **** doesn't make any sense to me, and to many other people too! So much hassle JUST so you can launch a server that won't shut down when you exit. Fantastic!

Tbh I've found setting up a server more understandable than your explanation.

It seems like there is something terribly wrong with your server right now. Maybe you want to try just setting up a fresh one following this guide

There's some explanation on the cluster and server configurations here

Archived